We're winning ! Plus a question on brake pipes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

We're winning ! Plus a question on brake pipes

Post by uhn113x »

Well - that's the rear subframe mounts on the ZX done. None had actually parted company, but all looked a bit perished, and they had never been changed before.
Unfortunately, I could not shift the bottom damper bolts, so it was a struggle getting the top front mounting bolts in, until I came up with a solution:
Jack up under end of front torsion bar, and use a wide screwdriver in the chassis hole that gives access to the upper damper nut, to lever the subframe until the holes line up.
Sadly, one of the brake pipes bit the dust when the axle tilted on the jack - it is the one between the union under the boot floor and the flex pipe.
Question - how do you remove the clip that holds the end of the flexi in place, as I need to get this into an accessible podition to remove the union?
Not used to these new-fangled flexible hoses - rest of fleet doesn't have any! [:D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The clip merely pulls off, its curved to lock the end of the flex, a good wire brushing and a squirt, they are tight though.
stewart
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Thanks, Stewart, I was afraid of that - I will probably have to destroy it and fit a new one, as I have soaked it - no room to get a wire brush in there, and pullimg it just breaks pieces off it.
Wish I had done this while the axle was on a jack, but too late now [:(]