alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marco1
My Cars:

alarm

Post by marco1 »

hi any idears on xantia alarm,hit the first button on plip everything fine,then the second to deadlock and alarm,fine...a few mins later all hell brakes loose alarm sounds, front lights flash ..but not back,??? but did when i first got the car.car still for a few hours so no air movement to set off ultrasound side of things..
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I had similar with my 2.1TD when I first got it. The car went back several times under warranty and the trouble was eventually traced to a dodgy door lock on the boot door.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

My dad used to have a Xantia, now I have one. He used to have his alarm triggered quite often, and we put it down to the breeze entering the car through the face level vents. We shut these vents off when we stopped the car, and he never had the problem again.
Interestingly, I've not had the problem on my car yet, although I can feel the breeze from the vents, and the internal sensors are on.
Mat.
hardmanm

Post by hardmanm »

My Xantia 2.1TD has the same trouble,
Have you tried using the button on the dashboard to disable the movement sensors? Do this as follows : Press the button for 10s (one of the 3 on the right of the steering column) or so before getting out, then the alarm light on the LHS of the dash should light up, then lock and set the alarm in the usual way.
The alarm is then operating with door sensors etc. on, but the movement sensors disabled (this is mode is so that you can leave your dog in the car for example)
This should narrow things down a little, on my car the alarm goes off with the movement sensors on, but not if they are disabled. Any advice anyone? I've had this fault for 2 years and not really tried to fix it! How about just changing the movement sensors for a start?
Mark
I would recommend doing this<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hi any idears on xantia alarm,hit the first button on plip everything fine,then the second to deadlock and alarm,fine...a few mins later all hell brakes loose alarm sounds, front lights flash ..but not back,??? but did when i first got the car.car still for a few hours so no air movement to set off ultrasound side of things..

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi Mark, I put new ultrasonic sensors in my Xantia after suffering false alarms, I thought the problem was over until one night the bugger went off again , now I dissable it at night for the sake of the neighbours.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a sensitivity adjustment in the box under the carpet under passenger seat, anybody been there done that.
Dave