Extremely cool sofa for the Cit enthusiast ...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Extremely cool sofa for the Cit enthusiast ...

Post by AndersDK »

Jon

Post by Jon »

Nice!
Now it will never go rusty and leak fluid.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

hmm this gives me some ideas involving the Visa shell i was about to scrap, some power tools and some cushions heh
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Looks a bit high at the front to me? But might be fun to put this on cit-aerobics when with a companion ;-) lol.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

And how do you get the left-hand blinker to flash . . . ?
//NiSk
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

If you unbolted one of the legs, would it support itself on just the other three ? [;)]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

would it self level when the large mother-in-law sat on it?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Trouble is I would S*&T myself everytime somebody spilt something on the floor by it !!!
Oh no matrix time again, How long before the electrics started acting bizzare.[:D]
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I wonder what happens when you use the door handle on the back....
Someone I met told me they had converted a CX estate into a mini-cinema as an art gallery project - apparently it was very popular.
The sad thing was that it used an original car - unlike this DS sofa, from what I can see.
This makes me think: at one time the most comfortable car seats I had ever sat in were from the Rover P6 (2000/2200/3500), to which Ron Arad added a tubular steel frame and - Hey presto - a "design object" was born.
I can't quite see the same thing happening with BX seats - the most comfortable I have sat in since.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Knocked up a seat using timber, to have my dinner on at work many years ago, Seat was out of an old huge datsun, can't remember the name but it was as big as a old granada, and had a strange name.
Was found asleep many times after 45 minute break turned into 2 hours !!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Ah! so that's the sofari!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

i sold the seats out of my bx 16v donor car to a friends boss who put them up in his attic with his massive scalextric setup. So he has the rear seats for spectators and the front seats set up where the controllers are. He then made up a fake centre console between them and put a car stereo in it with a 12v converter and 2 speakers for the full effect!
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Yes Anders,
wow that really is cool and a very good reliquary of the DS. I think other cars may be furniturised. Of course it was Ron Arad the furniture designer who made his name by converting seats out of the RoverP5B into a lounge suite. I saw a CX safari with black leather seats and retro added cushions on ebay. The seats are made up of boxes and I thought it would look great if they were converted into a sofa. When I bought my V6SEI with leather and wood interior. I said when it fails its final MOT I will strip it out, clean it down and crane it into my living room. With the a/c running and a 110 cm widescreen plasma tv mounted on the windscreen aperture it would make an ideal 'coolpod', and at the current prices these machines are fetching in the uk i.e £50 scrap a very cheap one!
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Shouldn't the floor be green or maybe even red around the base of this retrosofa
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Who's the photographer in the mirror?
Jamie