STOP lamp, fans and temp?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete.fair

STOP lamp, fans and temp?

Post by pete.fair »

Had a prob with my 1.9TD the other week were the stop lamp came on followed by the orange temp lamp after 2 seconds all went out, it went a way for a few days but seems to have returned. The temp gauge reads its normal 9 oclock position, but know ive now noticed the fans run on full every 30 seconds or so even from cold. I removed the brown plug from the thermostat housing and the fans went to full. I have heard of the bitron sensor, but is this related or something else. The thermostat was replaced as a cure but its still there. Any help would be appreciated.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hi Pete,
On airconditioned cars, the Bitron sensor controls the fan and the high temp warning light, and is known to be a weak point! It uses the other sensor in the thermostat housing to the one that controls the temperature gauge. I would start with the temperature sensor.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Not just on air conditioned ones, from a certain date all Xantias had the Bitron system fitted whether they had aircon or not.
I'm not sure when exactly they started doing this, but my '97 1.9TD has the Bitron system despite not having aircon.
Nick
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »