Citroen DS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

reblack68
My Cars:

Citroen DS

Post by reblack68 »

If anybody was in any doubt about what a DS look like here's one from every angle http://www.justinbanks.com/9-Main.html
I will have a DS one day, not this one and not today though.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Thats just what i have been after now I really want one[:D]
ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Post by ScottFromNZ »

Arn't they just gorgeous looking cars? A crying shame that this one is so rusty.
Just looking at it makes me want a nice example even more!!
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

It's almost always cheaper to buy a fully restored car than to do a car up, especially where bodywork is involved. Luckily there are people (and I'd probably be one of them) prepared to put in the effort and expense to keep the supply of restored cars going.
Apart from rust there's a lot of tidying needed on this car.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

OK guys; it's <i><b>drool time:</b></i>
http://www.citroen-andre.com/showroom.htm
There's a bit of history in one of these. If anyone saw the TV special "Rumble in the Jungle" the story of the Ali fight in Africa, see if you remember seeing the black DS. It was used to shadow Ali when he went on training runs. The story of it's owner is there on the description. Well worth a look, but it's been for sale for a long time and might change your views on buying a fully restored example.[:D][:D]
Alan S
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

The only cure to wanting a DS is to get one. They are like <b>nothing </b>else to drive, and feasible everyday transport.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes but at £10,000 for a CX and £30,000 for a mucked about with DS, you'd need to be so mad, that you'd spend the money on an SM instead.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
I would consider that DS shown as a parts car. Note: the rubber matts and oil bottles stragically hiding the remnants of the boot floor. I'm willing to bet if you check all the floors inside the car you'll find they are no longer attached to the big (rusty) boxs that you step over to get into the car. The box sections you step over to get into the car are CRITICAL to it's strength, these are no doubt rusty, and this car won't be far from literly bending in the middle.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it... Certainly it appears to be a parts car to me !!! DO NOT BUY without an expert checking the unibody that's hidden mostly hidden. The body panels don't mean sh!t, it's the underlying structure that matters.
seeya,
Shane L.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

This car is for sale in France.
No pricetag, as this seller is reputed to value his stock a bit to the HI side ...
I doubt it will pass a UK MOT, and would defo need lot's of work.
More for sale on : http://www.aagarage.com/citroen_ds.htm
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

This DK Citroen enthusiast has been running an import business for years, picking up only immaculate species for minor repair and resale.
These cars are nowhere in condition for rebuilds, but only needs minor touch-up to get perfect.
More immaculate classic Citroens on : http://www.retrogarage.dk
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Cars used to be very expensive in DK but the Goddesses here look so reasonable that I might be tempted myself!
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

The original white car in the first post takes me back....
My first Citroen experience was buying a DS21 Pallas as young chap full of youthful enthusiasm. It was in 1979 and the car was just 7yrs old. It had been run by a Citroen Dealership owner who liked the older cars. Once it got down to a very short MOT with flat battery and blowing exhaust he sold it to me for £250. It just took those items and a pair of tyres to get a new MOT. A quick service and I then ran it for a memorable six months. Finally a burst hydraulic pipe bought it to its knees and I sold it on for £80.
My car was also very rusty on all the outer panel lower edges and I guess the inner structure must have been somewhat affected. As these cars were an oddity in this period with no value one day I decided to hand paint it all over in silver Hammerite! Yes really!!
It was mechanically perfect and an absolute pleasure to drive. Also the interior (red velour seats/carpets with white vinyl trim) was mint. A most impressive car to travel in.
Here is a link to an image of it, together with the good lady's BMW, back in 1979.
http://groups.msn.com/honestjohn/vehicl ... PhotoID=11
This was before I got the Hammerite out. The photo makes it look tons better than it really was. The front valence was a mixture of rust, filler and Dulux white paint.
David