Insurance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fatbugger
My Cars:

Insurance

Post by fatbugger »

Hi All
Anyone know of any insurance companies that are not owned and run by Dick Turpin?
I am moving back to a Xantia after a foolish 6 month period where I have been driving an Astra Deisel. Looking around on the internet I am being quoted anything between £380 (Direct Line) and £500+ (Churchill Insurance). This is admittedley fully comp but at the grand old age of 45 with full no claims 9+ years and a clean licence seems very expensive.
Any one any thoughts?
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

try Asda or Tesco
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My parents changed to esure recently, apparently for drivers with big NCBs there are big savings to be made.
Doc
My Cars:

Post by Doc »

Hi Mike,
I have just insured my 1992 2.1 XM SED H/B with 'More Than'Insurance. I am nearly 35 with full no claims and these guys were considerably cheaper than my previous insurer, the AA. They wanted a pound of flesh at just under £560! 'More Than' wanted £304. Needless to say I have gone for More Than. Obviously premiums can vary depending on driving record and location.
Doc
fatbugger
My Cars:

Post by fatbugger »

Thanks to everyone will try your suggestions over the weekend.
will let you know the outcome
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

I'll second TomH - I've been with Tesco for several years, cheap and very good to deal with when I had to make a claim!
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

This topic reminded me of something. It probably doesn't apply to this country but maybe someone knows something about it...
I recently wanted to insure my car in Spain (Clio 1.4 RT) as the insurance ran out in October last year and haven't been back to Spain since then but want it ready to use for my next trip over. When I tried some Spanish insurance forms over the internet, they all refused me insurance because the car has been uninsured by any company for more than 60 days.
What I'm supposed to do now is beyond me, scrap the car?! The only time you can get away with this is if you've bought the car within 60 days, then it doesn't matter how long the old owner went without insurance. Perhaps I now need to sell the car to myself...
Any ideas on how to get around this and what the reason could possibly be!
Thanks
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

I paid £400 on my 1.9td LX with one year no claims. NIG insurance through www.autodirect.co.uk. Give it a go. The cheapest I've found. :-)
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I pay £261.00 with Direct Line Fully Comp £150.00 excess 70%NCB not protected, I live in South Manchester, your postcode has an effect on your insurance. If I was not insured with Direct Line and I was to insure with them using the Internet they offer a further 5% discount for the first year. My Grandson who lives with me is also insured with Direct Line and his insurance is due for renewal shortly and I have obtained a quote online with Norwich Union that is 30% cheaper than Direct Line. It looks like you need to key in your own personel details into the various online insurers and see which is best for you.