timer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

timer

Post by crooser »

does anyone know what the interior light timer unit looks like on a 1995 xm and where it is?
crooser

Post by crooser »

come on folks,what does the interior light timer look like on a rhd xm and where is it ?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Crooser -
Have you got the UK XM Citroen workshop manual ?
- if not - I believe you could save yourself lot's of hassle by contacting our forum member : noz
crooser

Post by crooser »

AndersDK.yes i have got the disc from noz but it only shows a rough location for the timer in the lhd cars.if i knew the colour and shape i could strip the dash and look for it.a hit and miss isn't logical because as you know behind the dash there are literally dozens of relays and electrical units.the colour codes of the wires don't match either which adds to the problem.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Ok - sorry about that - just a long shot [:I]
My method to trace a given relay is to read up the colour codes of the wires from the schematic. This works well on earlier models - as you have the wire colour and a colour marker - unique for each relay.
However on later models a letter code is used printed on the coloured wire. This is also unique.
Once you have the count of wires, their colour, the letter code, and knows that relay coils would have thin gauge wires - then you're on track - as you can always trace backwards from a relay found - to the schematic.
crooser

Post by crooser »

message recieved Anders.i'll take off the dash and try and trace the wires back from the switch on the dash and hopefully this will lead to the relay and thence the timer..