Xantia Radio player

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

liakos

Xantia Radio player

Post by liakos »

hello again,
the new, very silly problem i have with my xantia is:
When i turn the steering wheel to the left my radio (!) seeks for an other station
ex. If it is set to a program at 103.5 when you turn the wheel to the left it goes to 102.5. this only happens when you turn to the left and not to the right... Is sth happening with the buttons on the wheel that control the radio??? can i solve the problem without visiting the garage?
The system is a Citroen radio casette player (i think it is Clarion) with 6 speakers, if this helps.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Try holding the steering wheel in a different position and see if this still happens. My guess is that your left hand is touching the << button.
liakos

Post by liakos »

Xaxa! i am definetely not doing that!! i know because i thought i was doing it and i checked it! Other solutions please!![:)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Try pulling or pushing the wheel at the point at which it happens, probably a dodgy connection,or a chaffed wire, should be easy to spot with the steering wheel off.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

It is more than likely the ring that sits behind the steering wheel that transfers the info from the wheel to the radio. Because the wheel turns twice in each direction a wire connection would be impractical.
You will need to remove the airbag then the steering wheel, the part concerned is where the wires from the steering wheel buttons connect to.