CAMBELT OIL

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ydidibyadamcitroen
My Cars:

CAMBELT OIL

Post by ydidibyadamcitroen »

HI All of u
Just removed the cover on my cam belt and it is lovely and oily, REALLY WELL LUBED U know,,,,,,, Unfortunately I dont think its supposed 2 b like this...
Also all down the bottom of the engine by that roud lower engine mount it is oilier than Saddam..
It must be comming from near the cam belt to be gettin on the belt
Any one know what ios the likely cause.....
I had the cam seal changed last.year or so
How long b4 it snaps thn I will be Knackered as I Hate walking and catching buses HEEEEELP ne1 got a bus passs............
Just looking 4 an easy answer withit taking cambelt off as I hate doing that..Maybe some ofrthat stuff 2 stop oil leaks and a bit of Jizer..
Making matters worse I paid £6400 4 a p reg xantia 2 ys ago I am a looney I Know
Adam[}:)]
Russell

Post by Russell »

Hi Adam,
I like the way you said you just removed the cover from the cam belt.
How d'ya manage that, he said enviously..?
Anyway, if your timing belt is seriously covered in oil, you really need to replace it as the oil will definitely affect the composition of the belt, probably leading to premature failure. I wouldn't trust it, even if the oil is completely wiped off, as you probably don't know how long the oil has been all over it.
Russell [}:)]
ydidibyadamcitroen
My Cars:

Post by ydidibyadamcitroen »

Hey that cover (the one at the front top) its fairly easy tpo remve ap[art from that £$XX##?$# nut on the side) and even that one is easy if u have hands the size of a money spider. HOW THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT ANYONE TO GET THAT BACK ON!!!!!!
I think ur right though better get to work on that belt right now .. Have tofind the leak as wel or i will b bck to #1.
[:(]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

It will either be the rocker cover gasket or the end seal, most likeley both of em, these motors always look like the exon valdez on the rear and thats what rots loads of rubber stuff down there
Luck
Stewart