Central UK Forum Meeting a resounding sucess!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Central UK Forum Meeting a resounding sucess!

Post by vanny »

<i>To save you all reading through to the bottom,</i>
<font size="2">
The Central/Northern meeting will take place at Mascrat Manor located at junction 21 of the M6. We will meet on April 3rd, at 1pm.</font id="size2">
Map/Directions;
http://www.pgacnw.bxproject.co.uk/meeting/location.htm
Open to all who use this board, no you dont HAVE to have a BX, nor a Citroen not even a French one, if you come on foot thats fine too! We will probably have a bite to eat while we're sat bitchin about how amazing are cars are in comparison to the others in the car park!
If you are coming then please email me at andysparesmeeting@bxproject.co.uk
and i will send you further contact details!
===========================================
Above added on 22nd March, original message follows!
===========================================
Since its an aweful long way to get to south hampton from Liverpool, i would like to propose a meeting of forum members a little bit further north.
Im thinking either Redditch (south birmingham) or Stafford (bit up from birmingham).
Im thinking that we would use the same date of Saturday April 3rd, but meeting sometime around 1pm (pub lunch territory if you ask me!).
In order to succeed, we need to know prospective numbers that might attend, locations travelled from (and how long you would be willing to travel), and if there is anyone in these areas willling to scope it out!
Failing that, some where in the Liverpool/Warrington/Manchester area is more than appealing to me :D
For those way down south, see the following thread;
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... hichpage=2
lets see what we can do!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Sounds good to me Vanny, I'm up for it. I live next to the M67 East of Manchester near Hyde, approx 20 miles from the M6. I dont know any pubs in Stafford or Redditch though.. Umm dont know many pubs at all really.. lol..
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I live near Stafford and work in Redditch, so any is fine by me! Helps to see where the bias will be (north or south of Brum) before choosing. At this moment in time, i'm up for it unless i'm working...
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I might even make that one myself
Keep us posted
Stewart
crooser

Post by crooser »

i can't see a meeting being feasible.according to this forum all the citroens keep breaking down and wouldn't get there.in the winter none of the heaters are working,in the summer all the air cons have packed up,any hills and all the headgaskets go,rough roads and theres something wrong with the suspension,too fast and all the wheel bearings seize up.i won't mention electrics and radiators.what else did i forget?
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">what else did i forget?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Er, the occasional full stop? [}:)][:D][;)]
Seriously - I am near M62 J25/26, so a meet in the Warrington/Manchester area is quite feasible, but not many weekends are free - they tend to get booked up from January!!!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I'm all for a midlands meet, Although I will be no good for organising due to my bizzare shift patterns, Anywhere near a GSF would be handy, I think different people have been to most of them by now. will only be able to know if I can go the day before, One problem how do we recognise each other ? [:D]
I think we should just look for the ones smelling of anti-freeze and green under there fingernails[xx(]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Re Recognising we can coordinate the RAC, AA and Green Flag to get us all there together.Most BX ers seem to have beards too! or so my on road survey tells me.
Stewart
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Plzz ignore the hotmail addy on my profile.. I tried to change it but cant!! Email me at.. JamesoneUK@aol.com ok, thanks.. [:D] [:I]
Meeting should be easy with mobile phones once we decide where? I know there is a service area on the Warrington rd, next to the junction of the M6 and M56... We could meet there perhaps? As its just OFF the jctn (not straddling it) we wont have a prob with North, South, East, West sides.. And if we dont like it there we can always move on?
As I'm retired, time isn't a problem, so I could go over and check the place out if your interested? Its about 28 miles from here so I think I'm prob nearest? I can also email detailed maps n stuff (mobile numbers if you let me have them) once we decide on a venue..
I will be easy to find, no beard, no greenstuff under my nails, and driving a moggy grey ZX with lil blue front fogs will be a clue.. lol.. Or... I could wear a flat cap, carry a basketfull of pigeons, have a lurcher dog on a slip lead, and pretend I'm a northerner? [:I] [:o)]
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Why don't we just all turn up and wave a bottle of LHM about? Ooops! Sorry, ZX owners... how about a rear subframe mounting bush?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I have a new possible location!
Mascrat Manor, its actually in junction 21 of the M6. Its also smack in the middle of the Thelwall 'car park' (those who have been there will probably know what i mean!).
Really good food, plenty of room both to park and to sit inside (or god willing, outside). Its really easy to get to, and its just about far enough fromt he motor way that you dont really notice!
Next thing is what sort of date are people free/willing to come?
(oh and is the venue suitable?)
directions can be found here;
http://www.pgacnw.bxproject.co.uk/meeting/location.htm
I wont try to hide it, its the usual haunt of the PGAC NW lot! But strangely not a home for boy racers, they get flack from the manager and dont bother! (So if you have a 'modded' ZX, or BX with huge sound system you may have to hide [:D][:D])
thoughts?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

>>Im thinking that we would use the same date of Saturday April 3rd, but meeting sometime around 1pm (pub lunch territory if you ask me!).<<
The above date and time is fine with me. And the venue and map are great, thanks Vanny.. [:)]
ohms69

Post by ohms69 »

I'd be happy to attend and talk BX. It will be nice to meet up with like minded people, friends and family are sick of hearing it.
Stafford would be my preference, but I'll also attend redditch.
Thanks
Bryn[:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Thanks Vanny - found thread....
April 3rd good so far for me, venue excellent, (food blinding as i remember).
My email is:
jmrmcr@hotmail.com
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ive got a ZX, am i still allowed to coame ant talk ZX/ BX?!!!!!