Timing belt kit, and a crankshaft pulley

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Russell

Timing belt kit, and a crankshaft pulley

Post by Russell »

Hi,
I need a new crankshaft outer pulley, the one that drives the alternator. I also need a new timing belt, tensioner and idler which I think may come as a kit. Suprisingly, when I looked GS+F don't show the tensioner for the XM.
Anyway it looks like I've finally cracked the problem with my XM 2.1TD : the timing belt, or the tensioner or the idler or something else has allowed the fuel pump to jump a tooth or two, and in the final clattery stage (about 3 seconds worth) probably the cam sprocket. Hopefully stopped before any real damage, I might check the compression again now, I guess.
Re-tensioning and re-timing, and she now runs as sweet as the proverbial nut, hoorah, at last!! The crankshaft outer pulley assembly has started disintegrating, and is not in one piece anymore.
So any suggestions welcome.
Anyone got a spare 2.1 TD crankshaft outer pulley they don't need or want cluttering up their life [?] And where to get the complete timing belt kit [?]
Cheers
Russell [8)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

N13165 is the idler pulley for the timing belt, but I can't remember the number for the tensioner! The actual tensioner is Cit 081819 "tensioner roller", not being at work I can't recall if GSF do this. The crank pulley (BVM) is 0515F8 >RP5873 then 0515G7 RP5874>>.
Sorry for the lack of detail. Try me on Monday.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

With absolutely no disrespect for GSF, Citroën do a timimg belt replacement kit including belt and all rollers/idlers for the TD12 a price that is very competative. Normally I steer well clear of Citroën for spares, but a non-franchised repair shop told me about this deal and it turned out to be right!
//NiSk