ZX: 0-60 times and top speed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Definately sounds like an air leak, and the I/C seals are a good place to start looking! ANy air leaking out isn't going into the engine and making power..
louis1
My Cars:

Post by louis1 »

I have a zx TD or I did have a zx TD standard and it pulled well over 90 mph, infact one day i had the speeddo indicated at 120 mph. As for a non turbo i have never driven so i could'nt say but i would imagine around the tonne mark.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

O to 60mph is quite fast in the old L reg ZX TD even up hill but I've found that the old girl likes to stay nerer 75mph on any open road limits allowing. As for the comments from that d**head "not him again" well what can you say. A dreamer in his own little world prehaps or has Bagdad still got a bad curfew at night and he's got nothing better to do?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I was looking at the accelerator pedal in our ZX the other day and thinking it looks a long way across to the right. I am wondering if it is suffering the same disintegrating pedal box as the BX's used to - I will post back when I've had time to investigate. Ours is far from slow though - as the 'Kev' in the dolled up Nova found out this morning when he tried to get past me as we left a 30 mph limit. Ho ho - small things and all that!