ZX: 0-60 times and top speed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

ZX: 0-60 times and top speed

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi everyone...im not a boy racer but just like to know these kind of things!! once ive increased the oost and fuelling on my zx what kind of 0-60 times could i expect?much improvement over the 10.5?? another thing is my zx strugles to get over 90mph, this normal???
DAn
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

I would say my TD is now in the high 8's - low 9's since replacing the turbo and getting the fueling done.
I know what you mean about them running out of steam over 90mph, but again since getting the mods done it is much better, pulls strongly to about 4500rpm then starts to taper off, but can now hit 5000rpm in 5th, speedo reading over 120mph (on a closed road obviously [:p])
If you just get the boost and fueling upped you should notice a fair difference, mostly 5th gear acceleration will be much stronger, and if its the same as mine engine will sound smoother and less stressed at higher revs.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

my non-turbo 1.9D is slow off the mark but pulls well in 3rd and 4th (maybe about 13secs 0-60, bit cack really) and I reckon the top speed would be about 105ish. Goes up to 90 nicely then slows. I've done 100 in it (with a bit of downhill aid!) and it was almost on the redline
wish I had a TD really!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

If it struggles to get over 90, then thats not normal, the top speed of the thing according to Citroen is 110mph! Mine pulls strongly in 5th from 90 onwards, certainly enough to upset those wondering whata K reg Zx is doing in the outside lane!
Are you sure that its not overfuelling??? Does it smoke a lot when you boot it??
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My 1.9D auto 4 speed box, non turbo will do 110 ish .. No probs passing the 90mph mark.. I have never timed it 0-60 as I need a calender rather than a watch!.. lmho.. Only kidding, its a brill lil car really. :-D
s1zx

Post by s1zx »

1.9D 0- 60 12.7 seconds topspeed 104 mph
1.9td 0- 60 10.3 top speed 115 mph (citroen figures are lower but they are always abit conservative)
depending on what you spend you can get alot more out of i TD I have seen one with 200 bhp now that was seriosely fast
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

got any info on that one? Curious about tuning those old td engines as in the hillclimbs I do a 1.9 litre diesel would go into the upto 1.4 litre petrol class because its diesel, therefore a 200bhp one would certainly beat most tuned 1.4 engines as ive not see any of them that are over 180
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

My non Turbo 1.9D does 0-85 fairly rapidly, a speed at which it is happy all day. Then it carries on gently accellerating up to 100, and will eventually reach an indicated 108 although you need a sundial rather than a stopwatch to measure the acceleration after 100.
So, to answer your original question, no - 90MPH max for a Turbo isn't right! I'd be looking for a leak on the intake side or a VERY blocked filter.
Simon Canfer
My Cars:

Post by Simon Canfer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by s1zx</i>

1.9D 0- 60 12.7 seconds topspeed 104 mph
1.9td 0- 60 10.3 top speed 115 mph (citroen figures are lower but they are always abit conservative)
depending on what you spend you can get alot more out of i TD I have seen one with 200 bhp now that was seriosely fast
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Try 16 seconds for the non-turbo 0-60!
Simon Canfer
Jon

Post by Jon »

OK
We all agree that the 1.9TD should be quite fast, indeed when the 19D has run out of puff over 90 then the 1.9Td should be coming into its own. These things were designed for the Autoroute and Autobahn and the torque curve allows acceleration to over 160km/h (100mph). 110 to 115 should be possible. Usual disclaimers apply.
Ok. heres the checklist
1) Must be a Purflux or Lucas diesel filter, if you can afford it change every 6000 miles
2) Airfilter must be clean and free of debris. I change every 12,000 for a Mann or Purflux OE item.
3) Quality semi synthetic oil with Purflux filter.
4) Who played with the pump?? Overfuelling can slow the car down!
5) Boost pressure. Has it been modified, was it done correctly?
6) Things people never look at:
Valve clearances. Make an amazing difference to starting and performance when they are set correctly, trouble is its a lot of hassle shimming them up.
General tightness of hoses and seals to and from the intercooler and Turbo. Replace any old Ligarex straps with strong jubilee clips. Replace the manifold to intercooler seal. Can make an amazing difference.
Is the intercooler clean and unobstructed?? Always worth cleaning the intercooler inside and out (off the car!) And also check that the bonnet lining is not drooping. The BX and ZX TD actually draw their cold air through the front grille via the bonnet lining and some rubber seals!
n/a

Post by n/a »

(A complete load of nonsense deleted by the Moderators)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Sarcasm is-----? Shame you don't actually manage to contribute anything worth reading, so I guess, as you so rightly say, your posting will be deleted by a forum moderator..
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

My Volcane drinks like a fish and hits thr wall at the ton, sounds like fuelling eh?
Stewart
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

At least his profile was funnier than last time! I'd better not mention my sidecar or he'll really rip the pi$$ out of me. Oops - too late!
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi all again, thanks for the info, i'll do those checks you mentionaed jon, you said the I?C to manifold seal..ive had the intercooler off twice for glow plugs etc, think that seal might be a good place to start?!!? when i put my foot down,on boost there is a slight hissing noise from that side of the engine bay, could be my problem! will keep you all posted,
thanks
DAn