today i helped a . . .

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

today i helped a . . .

Post by vanny »

More often than not when im bumbling along and see a felow motorist in difficulty (even the odd ford!) i will often stop and give a hand, for example a lady driver trying to change tyre, had managed to get two lads to help her, but clearly both didnt know what they where doing. So with a wheel wrench from the boot we had the tyre changed in about 5 minutes. I might add it was absolutely chuckin it down!
Any other tales of helping a . . .?
Jon

Post by Jon »

You sound just the bloke Vanny.
See this post http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=6370
Do you provide beer or tea as well?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

did you get her number? :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yep. Good point fella. I missed that one.
I should explain to the Forum that I met the present Mrs W about 11 years ago when I fixed her 2cv.
Now we've 2 kids and a bloody Multispace.
Go easy! [:D]
xantiaBFY
My Cars:

Post by xantiaBFY »

[:D][:D][:D]The world need more of you guys.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I had a young lady towed ME back from Runcorn a few years ago (knackered dizzy.) does that count? [:I] I made her coffee?.. [:D] lol..
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

Vanny
Remember the 309 at FCS last year lol!!
Adrian
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

You sound just the bloke Vanny.
See this post http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=6370
Do you provide beer or tea as well?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thats what made me think of the thread!
Ah, the FCS! What humour! and what a stylish way to arrive!
While in the que to get in the car behind me died. It was a 309 GTi belonging to Anita, NW regional leader. Had loads of rope in the boot, so simply towed her in! With everyone pointing and laughing! I had to put the car above normal height just for the extra effect!
VisaGTI - this wasnt a young lady, and no i didnt get her number. But it was a very clean 106 she was driving!
Then there was this point about a year ago when i pulled someone out of a ditch. Me and a mate had decided to go for a bumble round the lanes at about midnight. Got to a corner and found a car half way down a ditch. Turned out the guy had stopped to answer his mobile, and the car had slid off the embankment. Good use of the towbar, a big rope and an two cars full of huge blokes and the car popped straight out! good fun :)
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

i was on the way to the pub before and drove along this road by the beach where you can drive onto the stones. Of course an old granada had driven onto a bit where the stones were deep and got bogged down. Towed him out and he gave us a tenner which paid for a round of drinks, pool and some chips :)