Where is the RP number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Where is the RP number

Post by paranoid »

Keep seeing references to the rp number in parts books etc but I can't find it on my 96-97 xant there is a yellow stencilled number on the bulkhead in front of the driver (kjwcr no numbers) but it doesn't start with RP.
Any ideas where else it is ?[V]
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

The RP number on my 1998 Xantia is in the position that you describe looking from the front of the car with the bonnet open. The numbers should be there but they may need some 'interpretation' as the French stenciller is not too careful about the quality of his work! It should start 'RP' followed by 4 numbers.
Jon

Post by Jon »

KJWCR sounds like the paint code.
The RP number may not have "RP" stamped, it can just be 4 numbers. On your 96/7 Xantia it will probably begin with a 6 or a 7. It may also be black or white!!! Smething like "7028" as a very rough guess.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

This should be a 4-digit number, which tell you the exact date of manufacture of your car.
see http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/mai ... ORGAscript for the principles
It was seen on BXs by opening the left-hand door and looking at the A-pillar. I heard it had moved for Xantias - but only to the other A-pillar from what I remember.
There'll be a Xantia owner along shortly to correct me.....
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

What did I say - they beat me to it. Be aware that the date may be older than you think....
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

does 7498cj sound right, it was sprayed right up under the lip.
thanks guys
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sounds about right, your car was made in May 97 then.