Xantia Diesel Automatic Fault ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ajfphil
My Cars:

Xantia Diesel Automatic Fault ?

Post by ajfphil »

1998 1.9TD - electronic controlled box has a snow/1st gear buttons next to selector
On pulling away quickly box feels like it slurs - bit like clutch slip - happens in 1st/reverse only and only when you give it some welly (relative term with a diesel I know)
Is this normal behavior ? - its been suggested it is but its vastly different from my previous xantia auto behavior which was a 2.0i hp4 hydraulic box auto
Would check the oil level as first obvious step but theres no dipstick - is this a Citroen dealer special job ?
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Mines a bit like that sometimes, being electronically controlled rather than hydraulically like the older boxes, I think it can sometimes be a bit too clever for itself.
The level is checked by removing a plug somewhere but I haven't investigated that yet. I think they are supposed to be sealed for life with just a level check every 60k.
There is apparently an oil wear sensor that counts heat cycles of the oil. When it is ready to be changed both the snow and sport lights should come on or flash.