Keypad immobiliser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Foxy
My Cars:

Keypad immobiliser

Post by Foxy »

I have lost my keypad and car key for my citroen ZX 1.9 TD Avantage 1996. I've had the car for 5 years and always kept a spare key in a mag. box. on the vehicle. So I've disabled the alarm but a new keypad is silly money at main dealers. Has anybody got a cheaper alternative? All replies gratefully accepted.[?]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Just to confirm. You still have the keypad and the code? Can you still start the car by entering a code?
Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Just to confirm. You still have the keypad and the code? Can you still start the car by entering a code?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No, I've lost the keypad along with the key, so I've just used my spare key I do still have the code and I can start the car but I want to replace the keypad. Do you have any cheaper alternative than purchasing a new keypad from the main dealer.[?]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I think all the information is stored in the ECU itself, so you should be able to replace the keypad with any old one from a scrap ZX.
Nick
Jon

Post by Jon »

Nick's quite right, the code is stored in the tiny ECU on the fuel pump. Thefore you can fit any suitable keypad from another car, or indeed just forget about the keypad by pulling the multiblock connection off the back after you've entered the correct code, then starting the engine. After that the code is looged in the ECU and you can forget about the keypad if you so wish.