ZX: diesel consumption

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

If the TZD turbo BX drops below 45, I want to know what's wrong; it was doing that with a leak on the end injector. Last check (averaging 75 on motorway and some town work) - 51MPG!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I've found the pump timing on an XUD makes an enormous difference to the fuel consumption. After re-building a 405 1.9TD I got the pump timing everso slightly out (the misalignment of the scribed line on the pump flange was BARELY visible) and the economy was awful... low 30's.
Got a DTI and re-timed the engine, moving the pump by the most unbelievably tiny amount. Still drove exactly the same, but now gets low 40's. Considering it's an estate, and I do drive it rather hard every now and then, I think it's reasonable. Might check the timing again soon.
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

well my xantia estate with air con gets about 38mpg, my old xantia hatchback without air con got about 42mpg and my clio (non turbo) gets 50mpg, considering how much more the xantias weigh than the clio i think those figures aren't that bad.........besides the main selling point for the prius hybrid thingy is that it does 400 miles for about 28 quids worth of fuel..well my clio does 400 miles for about 36 quids worth of fuel which seems pretty good to me........