Got It - XM S2 - Now What?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Saraphee
My Cars: Citroen Xantia S1 Exclusive (Thai Version)
Citroen ZX 2.0i (Thai version)
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Re: Got It - XM S2 - Now What?

Post by Saraphee »

This morning we fitted a new battery, Looking at the display the LHS is now readable, but faint in parts. The RHS has responded to setting the clock in that I can tell the time, but the rest is a green blur.
The face-plate us far more damaged that I thought, large chunk just lifts off the top and some of the sides/returns and perhaps molded-in fittings are broken off
The centre display with the icons does not show a lot - I guess there should be more?

Hoping a to clear the issue re wooden Gear knobs. in this market it seems that the higher spec cars for both XM and Xantia had wood fitted locally - see my Xantia
Green Blob
Green Blob
Broken Surround
Broken Surround
These are all the icons I get
These are all the icons I get
Xantia 1995
Xantia 1995
Has my spoiler got woodworm or is this normal?
Has my spoiler got woodworm or is this normal?
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Hi Rex,

This is the owner's handbook (1995 edition) info on dash warning lights. May vary a tad between models.
Click to enlarge
S2 2.5 warning lights_p.jpg
On our 2.5TD here, IGN switch on (engine not started) just shows these four:
( P ) parking brake on
( ! ) hydraulic pressure/level
STOP
[- +] battery

Your LH display looks as if it's just missing one or two rear illumination bulbs.
RH display looks a basket case; display layer may have delaminated. You could dismember and inspect, but make a note of the order in which the layers are assembled. Could be that only one of them (? diffuser) has deteriorated.

The spoiler is a thin, hard plastic casing, filled with brown PU foam. Looks like someone has punctured it.
Here, parking tickets are usually done with tape/adhesive, but a drawing pin would be another approach I guess.

That dash panel has been properly butchered, probably in a frustrated attempt to take it out. Ouch!
Try on club-xm for a replacement.
Chris
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I just remembered that Chris had previously looked up the original spec for your car viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61837&p=599821#p599710 , and it shows that the RH display should have trip computer functions. The LCD in yours seems to have failed, but if looking for a replacement you should get one with km and litres, so you need one from Europe, not the UK (which is miles and gallons).
Saraphee
My Cars: Citroen Xantia S1 Exclusive (Thai Version)
Citroen ZX 2.0i (Thai version)
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Post by Saraphee »

All good stuff - and one puzzle - if it's supposed to have trip functions - where's the button - it's certainly not on either the indicator or washers switch
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

When you get to the back of the RH display, see if it has one connector or two. If it has two, it will have trip computer functions. The trip computer always uses a button on the end of the wiper stalk. Possibly yours has been replaced by one from a car without a trip computer.