Citroën C5 Bluetooth audio streaming unavailable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gibraltarik
New User
My Cars: Current:
2009 Citroën C5 Premier 2.0i 16v 140

Previous:
2016 Renault Mégane IV Zen Sport 1.2 TCe 130
2010 Renault Mégane III Sports Tourer 1.5 dCi 105
2014 Dacia Duster Laureate 1.6i 16v 110

Citroën C5 Bluetooth audio streaming unavailable

Post by gibraltarik »

Hi all,

Greetings from Gibraltar!

I recently acquired a low mileage Citroën C5 'Premier' (LHD, continental European model). It has the standard stereo system and includes Bluetooth. My phone pairs perfectly fine (Huawei P20 Pro - Android 8) and phone calls are executed and answered without an issue. However, there is no option for audio streaming, the manual only refers to hands free calling via Bluetooth. I am currently using a Bluetooth-FM transmitter to stream audio, but it can be a pain due to radio station interference and taking calls on it isn't the easiest.

Is there any way of integrating BT audio streaming? Would you know if fitting a later model Citroën radio with BT audio streaming is an option, or a reliable aftermarket solution?

FYI - I don't have the sat nav variant, just the base set-up with the orange dot matrix display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Citroën C5 Bluetooth audio streaming unavailable

Post by xantia_v6 »

I assume that you have an RD4 head unit with the bluetooth hands-free option. It is most likely that you would need to change some hardware to add a bluetooth streaming option. The most obvious upgrade is the RD45 head unit which includes bluetooth hands-free, bluetooth streaming and music playback from a USB stick in addition to the facilities of the RD4. More information on the RD45 upgrade can be found in viewforum.php?f=52 .