EXCELLENT CITROEN MANUALS !!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I just bought two manuals online from www.amazon.com for £7.50 each plus postage. They invariably have 2nd hand books in good condition for sale of every kind.
Thanks for the info Paranoid..
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Gotta agree about Haynes manuals they really are not worth the paper they are printed on, people (myself included) seem to buy them out of habit and we know that there going to be crap, Last decent one I had was for a ford sierra and even that was just about usefull.
Seems a shame really thats what got me into fixing cars and motorbikes when I was 12-13 years old, used to read them for hours and couldn't wait to rip some poor unsuspecting moped apart.
Think thats why I got excited about the russek books THEY TELL YOU HOW TO PULL THINGS APART !!!![:D]
They really are worth the money.
ohms69

Post by ohms69 »

Yep,
Got a peter russek pocket manual for the 5 Turbo...Complements the haynes nicely and does tend to dbe more setailed. Only cost £5...bargain!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Just out of interest.................
I have recently seen some manuals on offer in Halfords, for peugeot 206, vauxhall cavalier, ALTHOUGH NOT FOR XANTIA THESE LOOKED PRETTY GOOD they were the same size as a haynes but a lot thicker and were softback. I think russell was in the authors name but I am not sure can any body help????
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I think these are the Lindsay Porter series (Porter Publishing). The ones i saw were for "families" of cars hence there are peugeot ones (definitely) and I think a citroen one (perhaps) which include XUD TUD and XU petrol engines. The HDi engines are in another volume I think - and there may well be individual ones for the more modern cars. Halfords reduced these a while back to sub-Haynes prices - it looked like an attempt to clear them out so I suspect they're out of print now.
Publishers clear non-moving books out of warehouses PDQ if they can remainder them - sometimes even before they're published if they haven't pre-sold well enough .....but that's another story.
There are of course the excellent "Revue Technique" manuals if you're prepared to interpret the French - well, my BX ones are pretty good, anyway....
(For revue technique manuals, consult www.alapage.com or chek out www.ebay.fr)
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ZXturbo_Aura</i>

theres some guy selling those books on ebay for £5, he seems to have all models part from the diesel and TD!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes he was... & someone just outbid me by 50p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AGHHHHHHHHH!! its time for Auciton Sniper agaiN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(!]
RDD
My Cars:

Post by RDD »

www.blackwells.co.uk are doing free delivery on all orders over £20 just now :)
Just bought the Peter Russek manual, and another book I was after (The Golden Fool, by Robin Hobb, if anyone's interested ;))
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Are you aware of any book covering the Xantia HDi?
Rgrds
TB
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

There are manuals for the HDi engine and for Xantia up to 1997, but I was looking for a manual for Xantia from 1998.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

reference Paulxmski's complaint about lack of info on V6s, if he has the 90 degree 24 valve he'll be OK with the Peter Russek manual, but if like me he has the 60 degree 4-cam .then he'll be disappointed. For all that, the Russek manuals are the bees knees, I still use a pocket GS manual for info on hydraulics.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Another little moan. The PR manual for the XM doesn't mention anti-sink in the Series 2 hydraulics.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Yet other little moan. According to the PR manual the XM has inboard front brakes!
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"the excellent "Revue Technique" manuals if you're prepared to interpret the French - well, my BX ones are pretty good, anyway.... "
Glad to hear that David!!
Hope they keep your BX going for many more moons!!
Best wishes
Phil (occasional importer of Revue Technique)!!