Xantia - finally changed fuel pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf
My Cars:

Xantia - finally changed fuel pump

Post by Jaf »

Just before xmas, out shopping, when Fred went all stuttery and stalled. Would start up, rev, and stall.

So finally changed the fuel pump for a brand new one that I bought may 2017! Been driving around with a leak from the air vent, running into a bottle, for all that time. Oops.

She runs lovely now. No fuel leaks! Wup wup!

But of course something had to go wrong. Self inflicted! 2 queries...

1: best way to squeeze the new leak off pipes onto the nipples? I’ve looked for a nice, clever tool. Just pushing/ squeezing them on is difficult. Have only done the leaky ones, would like to change them all. Don’t think I’ve ever done them in 12 years.

2: the black plastic pipe over the top of the engine, going behind the engine. Turbo air pipe? There’s 2 10mm bolts at a join at the back of the engine. I took them off to get pipe out of the way only to find the pipe is clipped in place too. Gave up, put the bolts back. One won’t tighten! Tried another bolt. Must have damaged the captured nut. Can’t see anything, even with endoscope. Anyone got a piccy of the pipe please? I don’t know if I can get anything in there to clean the thread or drill through to put a bolt and nut.

Thanks!
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
Jaf
My Cars:

Re: Xantia - finally changed fuel pump

Post by Jaf »

So I boiled the leak off pipes. Went on easy.

Went for a drive, all seems fine except the water temp gauge is intermittent. Must have knocked a wire.

Still bit worried about the turbo air pipe bolt. Any ideas?
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.