Xantia XUD CAV DPC Injection Pump Vane

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars: Xantia 1.9 n/a Diesel

Xantia XUD CAV DPC Injection Pump Vane

Post by 1080 »

Hello, I'm usually OK at searching on eBay but I'm struggling to find a seller that supplies 2 x replacement vane blades for the lift/transfer pump. Does anyone have a part number or source?
It's a n/a 1.9 XUD 1994 with the CAV DPC pump. Thanks in advance : -)

The car has only done 37,000 mls from new. I bought it in April and I love it. It came with lots of service history and has had nearly thirty oil/filter changes from new!
Even the heater plugs were the original ones.

Re: Xantia XUD CAV DPC Injection Pump Vane

Post by 1080 »

I've since found the correct part. It is:
CAV DPC injection all-mechanical pump, the part number for 2 x transfer pump vanes is: (Genuine Delphi Part in Sealed Packaging) 7123388 from eBay and arrived just 17 hours from ordering for just over a fiver inclusive of p&p.
Flat spot is now fixed : -)

Post by 1080 »

From collecting this car in April 2018, I have never experienced a car that's resolved so many minor faults just by adding miles to it.
The list includes:
Dragging clutch.
Poor - for a Xantia - handbrake.
Central locking would on occasion 'bounce' and unlock itself.
Lots of different rattles and other niggles.
As a former Citroen mechanic, I've driven at least 500 different Xantias. Many from brand new. So I have a good idea of what they should feel like.
Never come across a self-fixing one before though :-)

Saves me money for when it gets a full respray (metallic dark green) and new bumpers in the new year. Also thinking of adding a turbo as it's a n/a, but as I drive like a kitten, maybe not much point.
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

glad to hear of another na driver, mine's a 405 na, generally not a lot of love out there for the non-turbo's

Always been of the view that one of the worst things you can do with a car is not use it (perhaps in part coz I don't have the finances for more than one of 'em)
Puxa

Post by 1080 »

I know there's lots of opinion on low mileage old cars being a poor buy.
But I'm a sucker for them...
Skoda Estelle 6,000 miles. Twenty-odd years old. Was just like a new car.
Hillman Avenger 1.5 Super 14,000 miles. Drove as new but was as rotten as a pear. Only Avenger with no 'mayonnaise' under the oil filler cap.
Citroen BX J-reg 20,000 miles. 20yr old. Almost perfect but never quite performed as it should.
Plus when I had my own business, a friend used to buy endless 'classic' low-miler cars. He'd get fed up within weeks from buying.
All good and owned by me for free as I'd simply sell them on for the same amount that I'd paid just as soon as he'd gotten fed up with his latest love. Alfasuds, SAAB 99, TR7, various French cars and - the one I passed by - an early sixties VW Camper for £200 sob.
See, I am a sucker.
When I did the Xantia transfer pump vanes, it all looked brand new, to my surprise. I was sure I was going to have to do a swap for Bosch pump/injectors.