C8 data wire fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thompsonp
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C8 2.2 HDI FAP

C8 data wire fault

Post by thompsonp »

Greetings,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Having finally sorted my DPF woes I now have some courage to tackle airbag lights. I have the general airbag light and also the passenger airbag deactivation. I have read fault codes using a LAUNCH OBD scanner but to be fair I sent think its that comprehensive a tool for this car. It gives me the message fault on data wires, which based on the fact I have tested the switch to be good would seem to be a likely problem. The airbag ECU under the carpet looks mint no water ingress. So I am starting to consider how I can test the wiring to see if there is a fault.

I have read on the forum problems with corrosion on the fuse box (bsi) and the under bonnet fuse box does have a clip brocken however the drains are all clear under the windscreen and the fuses look OK.

I had in mind to test the continuity between the fuse and possibly the wiring to the airbag ECU and so my question is. Has anyone does this and could you advise the procedures for doing this without damaging the car or airbag system. Also does anyone know of a wiring diagram, there isn't a Haynes manual available for this car.

Appreciate any help to sort this problem

Cheers

Paul
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: C8 data wire fault

Post by Gibbo2286 »

My only experience is on the C5 but on each of the three that I've had to deal with the problem was with damage to the 'clock spring' cable in the COM 2000 unit behind the steering wheel.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
thompsonp
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C8 2.2 HDI FAP

Post by thompsonp »

thanks Gibbo2286, I have considered the clock spring but wondered as there are no other steering wheel related faults, plus the error message regarding fault on data wire.

A little bump any other ideas regarding a wiring diagram and testing the bsi to airbag ecu. Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citroen use a specific testing device connected to the pyrotechnic components prior to testing as any powered fault finding device like an ohmmeter can trigger them.

So important to have battery disconnected and allow 10+ minutes after to allow capacitors to discharge and disconnect the wiring.

If you pop up your VIN I'll be able to put a diagram up for you - but the usual suspect is the wiring under the passenger carpet.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc