My "Fleet" 2004

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

My "Fleet" 2004

Post by Jon »

Its an artistic shot!! [:)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Lmho. Artistry is great, but how about a pic that actually shows your cars now? :-p :-)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Jon -
Any thorns yet with the B ?
I have an owner on another forum with brand new - and the front lamp glasses was cracked - appearently my vis-a-vis neighbour has the same problem on his B.
Jon

Post by Jon »

No problems as yet, its only done 900 miles though!!!
Have not heard of any big problems with the headlamps cracking, certainly no one has asked if GSF sell them yet. As they are GBP £107 each I hope mine don't crack! This weekend I will have a look and see who makes these lamps and maybe make them a stock line for GSF. I know on other cars with the plastic lenses e.g. VW Golf MK4 they are easily cracked.
Better pictures sometime of both cars.
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Anders,
My B is a year old now - no cracked headlamps. Were your neighbour's cracked by stones or were thaey cracked on delivery.
Jon,
I gather that headlamp protectors are available but cost about £50. My Cit dealer denies all knowledge of them (surprise, surprise!) Could Andyspares do them for less? If so I would order immediately!
PhilW
P.S. Are you sure that is your B and not mine?!! Also, I would be interested in your fuel consumption - mine does about 40 mpg knocking about, 45 on a run. this is less than my old BX TGD and I find it rather disappointing, though very pleased with the B otherwise
Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

Post by Brian Oblivion »

I'd have thought with the aerodynamics of the Cutty Sark you'd be pleased with 45 on a run :0
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

That's a bit rude to Cutty Sark!
Aerodynamics of a brick more like! However, it does mean that it is the ideal shape for containing a very large number of wine boxes, and you'd be surprised how many cigars/fags/packets of St Bruno you can fit in the modutop, so what I lose in economy I save on contraband!!
Also makes a good furniture van during those frequent occasions when son or daughter decide to move flat! You win some, you lose some!! In this case I count myself and the B a winner!!
Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

Post by Brian Oblivion »

Yes I've lusted over the Berlingo but I'm a busted flush financially. My Aura, to me, was as much as I could afford. As for the Cutty Sark I meant that as a sailing ship it is designed to catch the wind and be driven by it, which from what I've read, the Berlingo does as well!!!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It's just the front protective glass - appearantly cracked by wrong fitting from factory - then being under tension/strain.
Being new warranted species - it's not a fiddler's item - yet [:)]
Let time tell - as always with new model designs - you can't deem on a few problems out of many non-problem cars.
So don't be hasty Jon - stocking these items. Chances are they become dust collectors [;)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

You could be right Anders, as I saaid no one has asked me for these lamps yet, fingers crossed.
In reply to Phillip We're getting just over 40 mpg from the B. Multispace, as its so new I have not been over 3500 rpm on the motorway with it, but thats more than quick enough in 5th as you will know. Having the so-called first "service" done next week, then will open it up a bit more. What I really like about this car is the sporting note and feel of the engine, it almost encourages you to work it through the gears. Unfortunately it seems to lack the ultimate torque and accleration of the 135,000 mile ZX so is relegated to the School run just now. I'm going to drive the Berl. down to Cornwall in May, and to Southern Spain in June and then I'm sure I will no doubt appreciate it a whole lot more.
Anyone who knows the AZU250 and AK400 vans will realise that the Berlingo has some sort of connected heritage, it just taks a time to work it all out. Oh, but its 3 time quicker.