Citroen C3 2018 Radio help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Randellc
My Cars: Citroen C3 2018 Model

Citroen C3 2018 Radio help

Post by Randellc »

Hello I'm really hoping someone has an answer though I am dreading there isn't one. I have looked in all the settings but cannot see any way to do it so I am hoping one of you may know some miracle way of fixing this issue!

I have a 2018 model citroen it was bought in August if the date makes any impact on what system I have installed - so it's pretty current ! And the default turn on radio station every single time I switch the car on is a random foreign radio which just screams our very loud static radio noise out of the speakers before I can turn it off. It's awful. I usually use the Bluetooth for music on my phone and my previous car just used to turn on to the empty Bluetooth screen and as it for it to find a connection and it would be silent until it found this which was great but now I have to listen to this horribly loud screachy radio static ( it turns on at whatever volume I turn or the car off in which is normal volume for music on my Bluetooth) . Please can someone tell me they have an answer. I need this to stop 😔😔😔
Thanks in advance !
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Citroen C3 2018 Radio help

Post by Paul-R »

If it's the original radio setup then I wouldn't bother trying to sort it out yourself but get it straight back to the dealer to sort out. It'll be covered by the warranty so won't cost you anything except the inconvenience.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Randellc
My Cars: Citroen C3 2018 Model

Post by Randellc »

Ok thanks yes it's the original set up as came with the car I have not altered anything! Thanks I will get it back in. Ta
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

We have a 2017 C3, the audio varies with model but mid and high range ones have touchscreen and a remarkably confusing handbook. Getting the dealer to sort it out is good advice.

If you want to play with it yourself, I've got three thoughts - all long shots:

Presumably the radio works normally when you tune it to a station you want - if it doesn't, check that the aerial was screwed on before you bought it.

In settings you can have 'profiles' - up to 3. It's designed so that you can have preferences - colour scheme, units, audio setting and so on for different drivers or different situations. I wonder if someone has set up a profile and got it wrong on the audio bit - maybe under settings pick a different profile and see if that sorts it.

There is (somewhere - audio settings or options?) a tick box to tell the radio to switch to FM if DAB is unavailable. I wonder of the radio is tuned to a DAB station that is unavailable where you are, so it just picks up a gibberish signal. Look for the FM/DAB follow option and make sure its ticked.

It would be good to know what the answer is when you find it.

I'm currently wrestling with getting music playlists to works on Android Auto - Maps/Nav and phone work fine on my phone and my wife's phone, music work on hers and used to work on mine but not any more. Grrrr....
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini