Is my X7 worth £3.5k......?!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

milleplod
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

Is my X7 worth £3.5k......?!

Post by milleplod »

I'm putting this in here as its 'advice' I'm looking for more than anything, I've not yet actually decided to sell! :roll: I know a car's only worth what someone will pay for it, but indulge me and let me know what you think! :lol:

My car's an '09 plate 2.0HDi Exclusive auto Tourer, the 136bhp variant. It has around 90k miles recorded with quite a lot of history to go with it. I bought it 2 years ago from the original owner and have put around 18k miles on it. Its dark metallic grey (Gris Fulminateur) with black, half-leather interior.

Bodywork is quite nice, there are a few age-related marks but nothing horrendous. The interior is good, never smoked in, the driver's seat 'wing' shows some wear and tear - the foam under it seems to have broken up. Aircon is cold. Suspension seems good, although I'm told the height setting may need adjusting via Lexia as it might be a tad high on the front - up until recently, it went through all the height settings without a hitch.....it now won't usually throw up the 'high' display on the dash, although to my eyes its going all the way up!

Its recently had a recon steering rack, a driveshaft, new genuine pads at the front and I've some new genuine ones that will be going on the rear very soon. It had a new high-level brake light fitted a while ago too. Malcolm at Savoy Garage did a partial gearbox fluid change, and an oil and filter too, back in October. Tyres are good - Avon winters at the rear that are only 15% worn, Barum Bravuris 3s on the front with at least 50% left on them. Full size steel spare with unused Michelin. There'll be a year's MoT on it. 2 keys, all the paperwork/handbooks.

Negatives? The interlock on the gearchange is very hit and miss - I bought the relay that's probably at fault, but I'm buggered if I can find the thing! :twisted: The alloys still look smart, no nasty kerbing, but a few age-related marks. I think that's it!

I've got a hankering for a Merc 190e, sort of a modern classic, and I can't justify having one as what would be a 3rd car (what I mean is that I can justify it very easily, but my Mrs, on the other hand....... :wink: ) - that's the only reason I'm thinking I might want to sell. So, over to you gents, what do you reckon?! :-D

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Re: Is my X7 worth £3.5k......?!

Post by jgra1 »

Not sure Pete . My 2010 150k auto 163hp exclusive saloon is probably worth 1500 ! It's a small market i fear.

I don't think the massage seat will help ultimately lol

John
milleplod
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

Post by milleplod »

I put it into WBAC for a laugh....£1700. :shock: A mate wheels and deals with used motors and uses WBAC valuations, adding a couple of hundred quid to come up with his 'buy-in' price....I reckon mine's worth £2.5k on a good day then. We'll see..... :-D

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Keep it in good condition, spend your money keeping it in good order & thus worth more to you than it is "valued at" to another person = shed driving = this is where the C5x7 is heading, just faster than normal like all Citroens do and have ever done so :)

C5x7 Vts (springs) are worth shockingly little money
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

And I wonder with the X7 being the last ever production model with Hydractive suspension will be a future classic car 'collectable feature' in the coming years as numbers diminish?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Too many "electronic connected" bits on them to enable them to survive.
Parts supply will kill them off, they don't have a chance.

They were designed to be the same as all the others in the looks department (as with the Xantia), unlike the CX which was designed to be different.
There are fewer garages with experienced "Citroen Staff" as well.
When you take into account the "profit/time on ramp", a Citroen is often rejected in favour of hit it with a hammer/replace a part work on "normal" cars.

Dooooomed, we are doomed :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

If it has leather seats and satnav you may get close to £3k on a good day.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual