What other makes of car do you own?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyg
My Cars:

Post by tonyg »

Hi
As well as my XM ('98 3.0V6 Exclusive) I own a '98 5dr 306 Xsi 47K on the clock. This is "almost" a citroen (up for sale at the moment). A nice car and as reliable as my previous ZX. The ZX (TD Aura) was a great car. I owned it for 6 years, during which time I did 70K miles without a problem except for 1 snapped clutch cable and it passed 6 straight MOT's. Can't ask for more!
I also have a late 53 Audi A4 Avant TDI (130bhp) company motor. Again very nice but small inside (like a weird reverse Tardis) and £23K. Not with my money!
Tony
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I don't have a very interesting list but here it is anyway! [:I]
1. 1986 Mazda 626 (x2) on the drive as sheds and a climbing frame for the Huskies. One nearly drivable, the other engine wrecked due to neglected oil leak & too little oil on the motorway [B)]. These are likely to be towed away for scrap soon.
2. 1986 SAAB 9000 SE on the drive with its engine in pieces due to me busting two pistons by upping the turbo boost too much [}:)]. Its needs money and a lot of time and may join the Mazdas in being a shed - the Huskies treat it the same already [:(].
3. 1989 AX14DTR on the drive now without tax and MoT. Still starts first time and is being kept (who'd give much for it anyway at 183k) for the other half to learn to drive in. I was going to keep it running as a cheap commuter but it is too uncomfortable to drive now I'm not driving it every day. Not a shed yet and too small for the Huskies to bother about.
4. My new baby the Xantia estate [:D]. How (and why) did I ever drive a small car (sorry AX)? Far too comfortable & nice to drive. Getting 45 mpg at the moment and even tried a couple of weeks really conservative driving on no more than a quarter of a tank and averaged 53mpg [:0] - I couldn't do it all the time though. Unfortunately this also became a Husky climbing frame and I spent all Sunday washing and polishing the damn muddy paw prints off [:(!].