What other makes of car do you own?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

ford fiesta 1.8d 1991
replacment car until i get/see something more better to drive
citroen xantia 1.6 1993
well, i did until i drove it into a tree!!
Simon Canfer
My Cars:

Post by Simon Canfer »

1 1/2 Honda Helix CN250 long-wheelbase scooters. Nice and laid back, lots of bodywork, gets me to work even more cheaply, and usually more quickly, than the ZX TD can.
Simon Canfer
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Mine - Xantia TD LX (1994) always drives like a dream (makes me wonder how I got by with my 1.1 Fiesta).
The Missus - Fiat Uno, makes me appreciate the above (including the Fiesta!).
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Citroen BX Citroen ZX, metal sprung cars now feel dangerous to me!
Stewart
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Re Blueboys comments. So it's not just me then who thinks the Focus is uncomfortable. When I drive the car after about 30 mins my back goes in to spasm and that's it,I have to stop if the wifes with me then she drives. Great car does every thing very well (replace with boring) but not the best I've driven by a long chalk. Must say best car this year so far has been a Jaguar XK8. Nice and big but terrible around Town for parking. Would hate to owne one as the fuel bills must be huge.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Toyota Estima Japanese import. 1991 8 seater like a Previa but a bit narrower. Lots of extras compared to a Previa - 4WD, 2.4 TD (UK models only got petrol). Undergeared for UK roads, but great for carting kids and stuff around. Did consider a Ren / Cit / Pug / VW people carrier, but we got a much better vehicle for the money with the Toyota.
Apart from that, a selection of MZ motorcycles in states varying from running daily ride, to being restored, to a pile of rusty spares in the corner. They're like Citroens - underrated by the general population, cheap to fix, excellent build quality and high quality metal throughout, and generally spoilt by one or two niggly things. And appreciated by a loyal band of enthusiasts!
stevieboy1
My Cars:

Post by stevieboy1 »

Xantia 1995 TD, love it [:D] until I have to try to work on it!
[:(!]
1968 88" Land Rover 2.5 Diesel, had it 12 years - great fun in the mud and up to about 40mph.
88" V8 Auto spaced framed off road racer. Very nearly finished. [}:)]
JohnW
My Cars:

Post by JohnW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arry_b</i>

Apart from that, a selection of MZ motorcycles in states varying from running daily ride, to being restored, to a pile of rusty spares in the corner. They're like Citroens - underrated by the general population, cheap to fix, excellent build quality and high quality metal throughout, and generally spoilt by one or two niggly things. And appreciated by a loyal band of enthusiasts!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Much under-rated (for which read "unknown now") the MZ two-stroke engine. Genius designer, who was perhaps the first to really understand two-stroke gas flow. If I remember, the key design aspects ended up with Kawasaki?
Good to here there are people preserving them.
JohnW
JohnW
My Cars:

Post by JohnW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stevieboy1</i>

Xantia 1995 TD, love it [:D] until I have to try to work on it!
[:(!]
1968 88" Land Rover 2.5 Diesel, had it 12 years - great fun in the mud and up to about 40mph.
88" V8 Auto spaced framed off road racer. Very nearly finished. [}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I thought diesel Land Rovers were faster than that, at least given a long straight!
JohnW
infinicar

Post by infinicar »

1991 Lotus Carlton
1994 Clio Williams
1987 Mitsubishi Shogun
1991 Ford Pickup P100
1996 Xantia Estate
2001 BMW X5
Paul
Paul Thomas
My Cars:

Post by Paul Thomas »

Land Rover Discovery 3.9i ES v8 running on LPG, gives equivalent to 36MPG on a run with that lovely v8 warble.....
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Similar to Stevieboy.
Xantia TD
ZX TD
Land Rover Ser.II 2.25 Diesel (40mph is plenty!)
Land Rover 2.25 Petrol (rolling chassis, may never see the road again)
David
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

'97 3.1 Vauxhall Monterey (Isuzu Trooper badged up and cheaper!)
Amen to that, arry B. I have fond memories of zapping around on a TS250 c. 1977. You are spot on with your comments.
Oh yes. One more. A "hibernating " '73 Triumph T120R (650 Bonneville bike from the dark days of Triumph.)
rg
Johnno
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5 2.2 VTR + Nav 173
Mazda 6 2.2 Sports Nav Estate
Jaguar 3.8 MkII 1961
Ex 2007 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex 2003 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex Xantia 2.1 TD Exclusive
Ex BX 1.7 DTR
Ex BX 1.9 TRS

Post by Johnno »

Yes, we are a sad lot. I don't care...
'97 Xantia 2.1TD VSX (still smokey - changed oil & filter, air filter, fuel filter and am currently running injector cleaner through it. We'll see...)
'87 BX 17 TD. Excellent engine, currently MOT'd and taxed. Will be up for sale soon - hint!)
'61 Mk II Jag 3.8. Gearbox and OD o'hauled and awaiting reinstallation in car following repaint of engine bay. Owned it for a hellishly long time and on importing it from NZ three odd years ago the B*****DS damaged it[V]. Arrived with flat tyres and big curved dent in the roof. 'Photos showed curved timber framing. Hmmm, let me see?? They built the frame with poor timber and then couldn't get the car in the container. I know! Lets let the tyres down - that'll fix it! Ah...forgot about wave action on the high seas. Shipping company denied all knowledge. Insurance offered (minimal) cash. Should I name and shame the company?[}:)]
'98 Dawes Horizon touring bike. Main daily transport, done around 20,000 miles so far. Keeps me lean ('though I am currently wearing my winter pelt!).
Stay safe[:)]
Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

Post by Brian Oblivion »

Oooh Lets See.....
Current Citroen ZX Aura 1.9 TD 63k miles. VGC
Honda Vf400F Japanese Import painted Hammerite Metallic Green 25k km. Not run for two years, sadly rusting in the yard. Needs to be rebuilt and new battery.