Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Spurious
Posts: 35
Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 15:03
Location: Greater Manchester (Formerly of Ireland)
My Cars: Well missed Xantia Activa
Another missed Xantia 2.0hdi
Current C5 Estate HDi
x 2

Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by Spurious » 12 May 2018, 12:26

Hey all,

Any decent Citroen independents in Manchester? Paris Autos in stockport is no more sadly.

I'm looking for someone around Bury/Oldham or North Manchester preferably.

Thanks all
0x
Phase 2 Xantia HDi
Sold
Phase 1 Xantia Activia
Sold :(
Phase 2 Citroen C5
Sold

And a current semi-working MK1 C5 Hdi 110.

User avatar
Michel
Posts: 1091
Joined: 29 May 2017, 13:50
Location: Reading
My Cars: 2007 Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 VVti Auto
2008 Peugeot 107 5-door
2002 Suzuki SV650S in bright yellow. The Flying Banana.
x 205

Re: Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by Michel » 12 May 2018, 13:38

Savoy Citroen isn't far from you in Hapton, Lancs. Just off the dual carriagaway between Haslingden and the M65. About 10 miles from the big Asda in Bury
0x
I'd rather push a Suzuki than ride a Harley

Spurious
Posts: 35
Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 15:03
Location: Greater Manchester (Formerly of Ireland)
My Cars: Well missed Xantia Activa
Another missed Xantia 2.0hdi
Current C5 Estate HDi
x 2

Re: Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by Spurious » 12 May 2018, 18:00

Michel wrote:
12 May 2018, 13:38
Savoy Citroen isn't far from you in Hapton, Lancs. Just off the dual carriagaway between Haslingden and the M65. About 10 miles from the big Asda in Bury


Might just suit. I'll give them a ring next week. Unless there's something closer in Greater Manchester.

Edit:
eeek. it's a two hour trip back on public transport :-D :-D
0x
Phase 2 Xantia HDi
Sold
Phase 1 Xantia Activia
Sold :(
Phase 2 Citroen C5
Sold

And a current semi-working MK1 C5 Hdi 110.

User avatar
Michel
Posts: 1091
Joined: 29 May 2017, 13:50
Location: Reading
My Cars: 2007 Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 VVti Auto
2008 Peugeot 107 5-door
2002 Suzuki SV650S in bright yellow. The Flying Banana.
x 205

Re: Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by Michel » 12 May 2018, 21:24

Spurious wrote:
12 May 2018, 18:00
Michel wrote:
12 May 2018, 13:38
Savoy Citroen isn't far from you in Hapton, Lancs. Just off the dual carriagaway between Haslingden and the M65. About 10 miles from the big Asda in Bury


Might just suit. I'll give them a ring next week. Unless there's something closer in Greater Manchester.

Edit:
eeek. it's a two hour trip back on public transport :-D :-D


Tell Malc Mike P sent you. He'll sort you a loan car while yours is being worked on so no need for pubic transport.
0x
I'd rather push a Suzuki than ride a Harley

User avatar
milleplod
Posts: 249
Joined: 02 Sep 2016, 19:53
Location: Bolsover, home of the Beast, and Corrèze.
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).
x 14

Re: Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by milleplod » 13 May 2018, 08:43

+1 for Malcolm at Savoy. He did my X7's autobox fluid change for me last year, lent me a car to pop up to the local pub in for some lunch while he did it. Really nice bloke!

Pete
0x
L'enfer, c'est les autres.

User avatar
quintet
Posts: 150
Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 21:51
Location: northwest
My Cars:

Re: Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by quintet » 22 May 2018, 23:55

Spurious wrote:
12 May 2018, 12:26
Hey all,

Any decent Citroen independents in Manchester? Paris Autos in stockport is no more sadly.


Well this is alarming as they were my first point of call if i couldn't fix something on my car, i'll be keeping an eye on this thread for recommendations too although the one in Hapton is is a little too far me at an hours drive away.
0x
1994 xantia 1.9td lx

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
Posts: 8770
Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
Location: Charmouth,Dorset
My Cars: Currently:
Peugeot 406 LX Hdi estate, 01, blue
Peugeot 406 GLX Hdi estate, 01, blue

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.
x 104

Re: Recommend an independent garage [Manchester]

Post by Peter.N. » Yesterday, 11:04

+3 for Malcolm at Savoy, very knowledgeable.

Peter
0x