How to replace clutch master cylinder on 2011 C5 x7 Tourer??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NoelGourdie
Location: Currently in the North West corner of Dordogne France
My Cars: C5 2011 2.0 HDI 163ch Tourer. In NZ my wife has a 2005 1.6 petrol. We also have a 1983 Fiat 124 spider which we enjoy,

How to replace clutch master cylinder on 2011 C5 x7 Tourer??

Post by NoelGourdie »

Hi, We were caught out by the clutch pedal going straight to the floor in an underground car park. Manually pulling the pedal back up didn't help. We have retrieved the car and I have purchased a new master and slave cylinder. The slave cylinder is very accessible so I started by replacing that. The master cylinder looks very inaccessible up under the dash somewhere, so I have left that till I have some more information. In the interim we have been using the car, but on our last trip the pedal went straight to the floor again. This time I found that if I pulled the pedal up by hand the clutch worked again as normal. Does anyone have any guidance on replacing the clutch master cylinder? Cheers Noel
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: How to replace clutch master cylinder on 2011 C5 x7 Tourer??

Post by RichardW »

There are several different types, some look easier than others....although the book time is 3.5h, so non of them can be simple!!

However, I rather suspect you might find that the clutch itself is knackered.....
Richard W
NoelGourdie
Location: Currently in the North West corner of Dordogne France
My Cars: C5 2011 2.0 HDI 163ch Tourer. In NZ my wife has a 2005 1.6 petrol. We also have a 1983 Fiat 124 spider which we enjoy,

Re: How to replace clutch master cylinder on 2011 C5 x7 Tourer??

Post by NoelGourdie »

Hi, thanks Richard. I looked at the image and it didn't look too hard in the image but when I saw the time was 3.5 hours I figured it must be trickier than it looks in the image. When the pedal doesn't go to the floor then the clutch operates normally even when towing the caravan, so I'll try replacing the master cylinder first I think. We arrive in France from NZ in the first week of June, so I'll have a go the. Ill let you know how I get on. Thanks. Cheers Noel