Dispatch 2006 radiator change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lraxv
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch 2006 2.0 HDI

Dispatch 2006 radiator change

Post by lraxv »

Hello,

I was under my van, sorting out the wiring, and noticed that the front bumper had come loose underneath - the reason was that the screw/clip fixings had all rusted away to nothing - turns out, this is a problem easily fixed with cable-ties... While re-securing the bumper, though, I could see that the rust behind the bumper is pretty extensive and, annoyingly/worryingly/astonishingly, the bottom is literally hanging off the radiator where it's corroded completely through.

Rather than wait for the inevitable puddle of coolant under than van one day (soon), I'm trying to gauge how big a job changing the radiator myself would be. Is there a guide anybody knows of for removing/refitting the radiator? My van came with the "Revue Technique Automobile" for the Citroen Jumpy in the glovebox, but the section on "Refroidissement" only takes up half a page and doesn't give any hints as to how to get the "radiateur" out - do I have to take the whole front (grill, bumper, lights etc) off to get at it?

Any advice or guidance will be very gratefully received,

Thanks,

Paul