C5 HDI 2003 Sedan Engine Rear Mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ozzdownunder
My Cars: Current =C5 X7 Limited Edition 2014 HDI, Turbo 2.2L LT Sedan built 2014. Triumph, Holden Commodore, Range Rovers, Rovers.

C5 HDI 2003 Sedan Engine Rear Mount

Post by ozzdownunder »

Hi, not too certain if this is the correct topic here but will find out soon.
Have a C5 HDI 2003 that requires the REAR LOWER engine mount to be replaced. Rather than removing the entire mount I did manage to order the 70mm Rubber Bush Only. Thought this would be a easy one the resolve but no the french just need to make these simple things into bigger problems. Problem is the existing Rubber Bush has a METAL surround that fits into the engine mount itself. Removing this is the problem as it does not just pop out or hammer out. How is this problem resolved without the removal of the engine mount? Is there another two halfs rubber mount that can be used to replace the same? There must be a simpler way to resolve this. I have attached a picture of the one that I bought, just in case.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 3.00.09 PM.png
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C5 HDI 2003 Sedan Engine Rear Mount

Post by RichardW »

Cut the rubber out, then use a hacksaw to cut through the metal ring, this should allow enough flex to lever it out. You will need to press the new one in somehow. I've not done it, but I suspect that this is one of those 'typical' Citroen jobs where the obvious solution (remove the drive shaft and then the mount in this case) looks to be far too onerous, but in the end would have turned out to be just as quick, and considerably less hassle than what appears to be the straightforward route!
Richard W
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: C5 HDI 2003 Sedan Engine Rear Mount

Post by Peter.N. »

A thick long bolt with a socket that will rest on the outer part of the bearing but pass through the housing and some large thick washers should do the trick.

Peter