Frost Up under the Bonnet!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulxmski
My Cars:

Frost Up under the Bonnet!

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi,
Another little teaser if anyone knows. When the car was idling and warming up yesterday the temperature was set to 18 degrees in the cabin. When I was working under the bonnet sealing the air filter to intake concertina snapped open tube. I noticed the tubes across the engine (V6 ) were quite icy and the tube going into the bulkhead was completely white, but inside the cabin seemed warm, although I didn't have a thermometer. When I turned the temp up to 22 the pipes defrosted. Should this be happening is it possible there is a blockage in the cabin side of the air-con., and do these pipes lead to a matrix arrangement??
(Aside)
I find it strange that these cars have an outside temperature sensor but nothing about inside where we live. I can see it's cold out there because there is white stuff all over the place. Maybe sthe ensor should be near the wheels and use the nice led display to chirp up constantly and irritatingly `Black Ice Alert' so eventually I smash dashboard or cutwires. Hah vandal alert not present! A Self defeat/ destruct logic best kept for a car bound for the scrapyard.
Also if they have an outside temperature sensor why put it in the mirror where a knowledgeable bandito happily stuffed his burning cigarillo and snuffed out said sensor on my other car!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I used to deliver the cars I had bought from up north to Bournmouth down south. Ave trip 300 miles ish,(flying back with Dan Air for £25) I usually traveled (drove) from about 8pm untill 00-00 to 01-00 ish. In one paticular 12 month period I delivered 167 Jag-Daimlers + gawd knows how many other makes and models! Knowing exactly when the roads got close to freezing would have been a real blessing during the winter months.
An outside temp guage is a huge improvement on finding out either by the steering suddenly feeling dangerously light or the back end begining to wander around!! [:I]
Autumn can be bad as well, wet-damp leaves on country roads are every bit as slippery as ice. [:I] So dont relie on the guage to detect all dangerous conditions. [;)]