Engine bay cleaning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

Post by louis1 »

I also agree, i use gunk and then jet wash it off and i have done this on all my cars with no probs.
JohnW
My Cars:

Post by JohnW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nikolaymk</i>

I know that the general opinion is not to clean engine bays but I've just got a cleaning / sealant spray that does that job with very little water. It says to cover electrical components and wash the first spray coat with water. It then says: Spray a generous coat paying particular attention to electrical components, then leave to dry.
Pay attention avoiding them or pay attention spraying them heavily - this the bit that I could not understand. Any ideas?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Amazing set of responses. I clean the obvious things with a rag every few years and none of my engine bays seem to get very dirty. The nooks and crannies are cleaned every 10-20 years when a clutch change is needed or an engine is rebuilt. Then again, our old R16 and R12 have never had engine work - both around 25 years old.
If I bought something secondhand that was really dirty, it'd get the high pressure treatment, but I wouldn't expect to do it again, or at least not for quite a few years.
JohnW