Extremely unusual ZX problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goose
My Cars:

Post by goose »

Think I need a 16V ZX to thrash about instead ! anyone want a VSX Xantia ?
[/quote]
thats what i though and wat a buy!!!another value for money car revs to high heaven and wont let me down
Paulee
My Cars:

Post by Paulee »

Thanks Goose now I know I made the wrong decision !
Thing is the VSX does 40mpg and I do a high milage going down to Somerset once a month and a weekly commute of 800 miles, what do you get from the 16V ....be honest I need to convince someone !!! lol
Paulee
My Cars:

Post by Paulee »

Whoops....meant a 400 mile weekly commute.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Hurrah - My ZX is at last behaving like a proper Citroen!
I've had to change the rear shoes as the N/S handbrake shoes had eaten themselves. It looks like the drum had sucked in a lot of salty water and the linkage had seized leading to one of the shoes grinding itself away on the drum.
Unfortunately, it only cost £17.50 to fix. Does this still qualify as a proper Citroen repair?
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I believe that ZX's (and probably Cits in general) don't let you down that often. Mine has only failed once in the (nearly) seven years I've had it, and that was due to a third party immobiliser deciding to stop the car.
What they do is wear you down with insignificant (but costly) repairs, such as CV boots and bushes. Mine has never passed an MOT first time. But if anything, its getting better with age - I think it will be OK this time [:)] [B)] [:(!]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just driven from Blackpool to York then to Leeds then Manchester then finaly BLackpool again.
Nothing dropped off,
Everything still works (as well as can be expected for the ZX, oh sure the dash lights long ago went, the speedo wobbles and reads 10mph when stopped and the rear subframe front mounts clang and bang over bumps) and i dis all this on LESS than half a tank of diesel... mind you the last 5 miles or so the orange fuel light did come on....
Suppose i had better change the oil soon (its done 15k on this load).
Still want a Xant though....