Heater Matrix conundrum

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aneesh84
My Cars:

Heater Matrix conundrum

Post by aneesh84 »

I have a C5 II 2005, 2.0 HDI 136. It recently was leaking the heater matrix so I paid a local workshop to get it replaced.

Apparently the C5s mark II onwards have a very different heater matrix that is not available anywhere other than the stealers. Anyways all was replaced. It was a complete dash out job.

Now everything works fine except for a strange issue. Even when I am blowing the fan on fully cold position there is some air passing through the heater matrix towards the footwell of the driver. Since its a new matrix the air is quite hot. This is literally blowing through the open space around the heater matrix and not from the lower vent. All vents are operating normally, and the mixer is also operating normally.

Should there be any air going to the heater matrix when in fully cold position? Is it just the case of lack of proper insulation over the matrix (because the edge of the matrix is clearly visible at the moment)? or they have somehow messed the heater box.

Any ideas or suggestions.
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: Heater Matrix conundrum

Post by MikeT »

I'll be watching for informed replies on this as I have a similar but opposite quirk with my C5 in that, regardless of the temperature and/vent settings, if the fan blower is OFF, there is always a draft of ambient (ie cool) air wafting out the footwell vents as default.
aneesh84
My Cars:

Re: Heater Matrix conundrum

Post by aneesh84 »

Finally solved the problem.

It is stupid, but the guy who changed the heater matrix "forgot" to replace the plastic cover that is supposed to block air leakage from around the matrix!

Probably its the same issue with you MikeT,
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh