EEC DPF,S

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dumpvalve
My Cars: Citroen c5 2.2hdi

EEC DPF,S

Post by dumpvalve »

Hi has anyone used the EEC DPF ? just trying to find a non OEM one there must be good non OEM DPF , if not can anyone recommend a good brand
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: EEC DPF,S

Post by RichardW »

There's about 4 threads running on this... I might try and condense them into 1 later...

I'm far from sure you need a new DPF. Can you put up the details of the car, the symptoms, and also get some screen shots from Diagbox showing any faults codes, and the status of the parameters?
Richard W
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

He's got a C5 (X7) 4 DOOR SALOON 2.2 HDi particle emission filter 175 Manual gearbox 6 Richard. In conjunction with fault code P0420 which sees to be CAT on some Models and DPF-related on others and I am yet to find a definitive definition for this code. The fault codes in description seem to vary considerable depending on model / engine.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dumpvalve

Post by dumpvalve »

thanks guys, I haven't got a dash light on just the Fuel Access Flap, but looking into sub menus on Lexia the PO420 code come up saying.. characterisation of fault, Particle Filter Overload.. I'm trying to learn about what everything does, can you not tell from the ..Differential exhaust pressure signal number as to how much soot is in the Dpf.. mine is 0047 MBAR,, on the same menu it says status of regeneration ..unspecified value

has anyone tried professional cleaning..
https://www.the-dpf-doctor.com/dpf-doct ... to-repair/
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Right, so we have:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59781 Which is about a 'fuel flap not locked' occasional error
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=59822 Which is a bit more about the fuel filler cap. Did you try chasing the wire back, and bridging the contacts?
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=59845 Which is where the P0420 makes an appearance.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=59854 This one is about trying to force a regen
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59857 This one is about part numbers for the DPF

Can you just add to this one so that all the info is in the same place please?

How many miles has the car done? If the DPF was not working properly or in need of a regen /clean then the warning light would be on on the dash, I'm sure.

You've quoted a figure for the pressure differential on the DPF - however, this should be 0 engine off, might rise to a few mbar engine idling, and then should rise as the engine revs rise. You shouldn't really see more than 40 or 50 at 3000 rpm (without the engine loaded). Put it back on the Lexia, and do the following:

Run the global scan, and the go into the injection ECU and have a look for the fault codes. Clear the faults (click on the circle of arrows at the bottom right of the screen), re-start the engine and see if they come back. Now check in the parameter measurements for the DPF. What is the pressure drop at engine off, idle and 3k rpm. What does it say the soot loading is, how long since last regen, and average distance of last 5 (or maybe 10) regens? Possibly post up screen shots so we can see.
Richard W
dumpvalve

Post by dumpvalve »

Thank you guys, ive had a positive outcome since buying Lexia 3, ok I did a scan and got the PO420 code up .. and Lexia said the characterisation of the fault was ..Particle Filter Overload... so I put 2 bottles of Wynn,s Diesel Particulate filter cleaner in for a full tank ,, I then did 2 big miles runs and hopefully did a forced regen,, for 20 minutes on the motorway.. plugged Lexia in today and did a scan.. guess what no PO420 code , ive still got my Fuel Access not properly locked to sort but I'm happy, BTW the Wynns is supposed to help by allowing the car to do a regen at lower rpm..
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's what the additive does on a PSA car - lowers the temperature at which active generation occurs. You're not really supposed to add any other additives to the tank on these as the Eolys does this already. Glad you have it sorted for now - try and ensure a decent run once a week.

Marc
dumpvalve

Post by dumpvalve »

Many thanks Marc.. ive just got the other issue to sort out , BTW cus I was online with Lexia and I put my vin in is it possible it will show me stuff that was done maybe by Citroen as its telling me error codes from when it had just under 40,000 miles on the clock as it states the miles of when the code was logged ..
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should always run a Global Test first, then read and clear the faults, then re- run the Global Test to see what permanent faults (if any) remain or if there are any temporary faults.

The log stores all the faults over a time period, so could well not be relevant now.

Marc