radio code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bbds
My Cars:

radio code

Post by bbds »

Hi I have a 1994 xantia sx 1.9 td and I live in the uk. I recently disconnected the battery and don't know the code for my radio, I had it written in my radio book which I lost when I moved house can anyone tell me the code?
Thanks Bill...
Jazz2001
My Cars:

Post by Jazz2001 »

Thousands Mate or at least hundreds. Get yaself down ya local Radio Dealer if u are up North J W Ozelton £5
Jazz
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Call a Citroen dealer with your car reg number and VIN - they will be able to tell you the code
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

I had to put the radio from another XM in my current XM because the code has been lost. I rang CD Bramall's Citroen Dealer MK and the referred me to Citroen MK who charge £15 pounds to look it up on the French Citroen database.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

These radio codes are just about the worst idea ever. Scrotes know how to get around them, original spec systems have little value since nearly all cars have them and honest people have to pay out because the previous owner didn't pass on the code. The dealers rarely make any effort to establish rightful ownership of the unit, just take your money.
I always write the code on the unit and I would love to know how to bypass them.
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Surely it's up to every used car buyer to check if the car comes the radio manual, owners manual and service book (I have the radio code on all 3 of them). If you happen to find a cheap enough car in good nick and don't have the code, you can always buy a replacement - you are still beter off.
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

If you register with this website, have the serial number for the radio and make, then this site should give the code.
http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nikolaymk</i>

Surely it's up to every used car buyer to check if the car comes the radio manual, owners manual and service book (I have the radio code on all 3 of them). If you happen to find a cheap enough car in good nick and don't have the code, you can always buy a replacement - you are still beter off.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not everybody thinks of either passing it on or asking for it. It's an expense of about £15 for no security advantage, especially if you're not sure whether the stereo works. There is no security advantage because nobody bothers to check if you really are the rightful owner. These codes exist purely to generate income for dealers.
I tried that proboard for a 3 digit Ford code but got an incorrect code. I might ask them for the code I do know and see if they get it right.
Jazz2001
My Cars:

Post by Jazz2001 »

If you get the radio Decoded at a decent Car radio shop, there is an option on Some decoding machines to turn off the need for a Code.
Simple tick box thing.
Jazz