Limp mode and EML dealer struggling

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tinymartin
My Cars: Citroen c4 Grand picasso

Limp mode and EML dealer struggling

Post by Tinymartin »

Hello all i was wondering if anyone can help me and the Citroen dealership. I have a Citroen c4 petrol 1.4 manual reg number sk06ykt, it now and again has a fault where the car can go into limp mode and the engine management light is on or the EML is on and no limp mode. We put it into the dealer for repair but they are having trouble getting it sorted and are now contacting the technical department at Citroen in France. When the dealer put the computer onto the car it comed up with the same three faults every time.
P0106 - Manifold absolute pressure Barometric pressure circuit range /performance problem
P0341 - Camshaft postion sensor "A" Circuit range / performance bank 1 or single sensor
P0609 - powertrain control module vss output "B"
There is also no response when you press the accelerator pedal. Weve changed the MAP sensor and the engine bay fuse box but this didn't cure the fault. The dealer said they have checked wiring, plugs and have cleared all faults on the computer. Twice now ive been in to collect the carthe next day as they have sair its sorted and as soon as i start up its back to having the faults even though the engine runs well. The dealer has had the car for 2 weeks now and the bill is getting bigger. Please if you know what the fault is email me.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 24 Mar 2018, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email removed for protection - Please don't post personal information in the public forums.
tontonjon
My Cars: Deep Purple Mk2 Cactus manual and Emerald Blue Mk2 Cactus automatic
Used to own 1970 DSuper and 2003 C5

Re: Limp mode and EML dealer struggling

Post by tontonjon »

I'm not sure I can help, but by MAP sensor do you mean MAF?

If not...
Tinymartin

Post by Tinymartin »

No but i read on another forum that a Peugeot had the exactly the same fault and codes and that was down to the camshaft sensor. Im at the moment trying to get the dealer to pull their finger out and change it to see if this works. Thanks for the reply fingers crossed
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Tinymartin wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 14:56 Weve changed the MAP sensor and the engine bay fuse box but this didn't cure the fault. The dealer said they have checked wiring, plugs and have cleared all faults on the computer. Twice now ive been in to collect the carthe next day as they have sair its sorted and as soon as i start up its back to having the faults even though the engine runs well. The dealer has had the car for 2 weeks now and the bill is getting bigger. Please if you know what the fault is email me.

Hope someone can help, but your paragraph above makes familiar reading. With all the diagnostic tools available they struggle to pinpoint and cure a fault, and of course make you pay through the nose throughout their "struggles" as they replace one unnecessary bit after another to see if it works, then give you the verdict it needs a new ECU, a new loom etc (all at their ridiculous prices) and you have to consider cutting your losses and moving on.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Tinymartin

Post by Tinymartin »

I know they are a joke. I should just keep the their hire car and tell them to keep mine. That'll teach them to get a grip. Lol