C4 GP 1.8 Petrol non-start. Help Please!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: C4 GP 1.8 Petrol non-start. Help Please!

Post by Michel »

daviemck2006 wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 12:38 And I was going to offer to put it beside my 407 when I use the petrol and match you suggested!

On top of David.... saves space and damage on the ground
cookingfat
My Cars:

Citroen C5 stuck in economy mode?

Post by cookingfat »

Citroen C5 stuck in economy mode, it cranks, but not start?! Can't open windows to do BSI reset. Battery fully charged 13.5v, 9 months old. Tank fuel pump fault on way home from chemo, recovery back home, got replacement pump, could not get old one out, had to ask friend to help, had to break fixing ring to get it out. Took a few weeks to buy new one - bank card got hacked Amazon prime ( I don't have an account!?) Now in economy mode - any help would be great Dave
Dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C4 GP 1.8 Petrol non-start. Help Please!

Post by wheeler »

You dont need the window open to do a BSI reset, some people mention switching lights on after a BSI reset? I wouldn’t be able to even count the number of BSI resets i have done over the years & i have never once done the switching lights on bit.
As for your fault you would be best starting a new post with all the vehicle details as this is a different model of car & you dont even say what year it is or what engine is fitted.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen C5 stuck in economy mode?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

cookingfat wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:37 Citroen C5 stuck in economy mode, it cranks, but not start?! Can't open windows to do BSI reset. Battery fully charged 13.5v, 9 months old. Tank fuel pump fault on way home from chemo, recovery back home, got replacement pump, could not get old one out, had to ask friend to help, had to break fixing ring to get it out. Took a few weeks to buy new one - bank card got hacked Amazon prime ( I don't have an account!?) Now in economy mode - any help would be great Dave
If you read my procedure here: BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure you can see it clearly states that the only part the open window has in the procedure is for access during the procedure.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc