c3 1.4 petrol no power under load

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paullap
My Cars: Peugeot 206

c3 1.4 petrol no power under load

Post by paullap »

Hi I have been trying to solve this car for while now and getting bogged down. C3 2007 1.4 petrol KFV engine

Symptoms, Start from cold without touching the accelerator it will run for about a minute and cut out, restart and it will do it again, but then after about 3 attempts, probably getting warm, it is fine, It revs, no misfire perfect. and it will rev perfect with wide open throttle. But as soon as i drive it putting it under load, Gutless, it just wont go properly, I can do this for about a 1/4 of a mile but as soon as I dip the clutch and not under power it will rev perfect, let the clutch out and it just will not pick up, I would say it is fuel but why does it rev so well when I am not under power?.

And I cant get it the throw a code

Good fuel pressure
no blocked cat
No misfires when revving standing still

any suggestions anyone?.

Paul
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: c3 1.4 petrol no power under load

Post by RichardW »

Can you get live data on it? What does the coolant temperature say? What about any fuel trim data from the injectors?
Richard W
paullap
My Cars: Peugeot 206

Re: c3 1.4 petrol no power under load

Post by paullap »

Ok back to basics, I take the car for another test drive, I am now looking at the live data, obd direct as I wanted the fuel trims, so I am driving the car, short term fuel trim maxed out at plus 25. it is trying to pump fuel in and it still will not go. I take the air filter off and go again and the same, so not air restriction. It has to be fuel. I decided to take the injector rail out, Then when I did this, someone had tried to seal the injectors with silicon around the o rings. By the time I cleaned all the crap off the o rings they where destroyed, So I had a injector rail from a old C3 in my brothers workshop, same engine, When I started to take the o rings off, I noticed the injectors where a lot bigger . so I changed the injectors and drove the car, It was perfect, Drove like a dream. so at some stage someone had had a problem and swapped the injectors, I was so happy that I had finally solved it, So I said to my brother, use for a few days and see how it goes, i just had a text, he broke down twice, But he engine would not crank, He bumped started it and it was fine, Obviously a different problem. I think I am very slowly getting there. I am just glad I don't do this for a living.