Damaged BSI unit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: Damaged BSI unit

Post by wurlycorner »

Glad at least the fault is now confirmed.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Daz3nt
My Cars: Xsara Picasso (05)
C1 (11)

Post by Daz3nt »

wheeler wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 09:51
Daz3nt wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 22:06 Found the fault, It seems the "Mechanic" disconnected the positive feed under the bonnet for jump starting etc which is right next to the ECU. The positive wire has touched the metal ECU case and has blown the ECU. The ECU bloke is trying to fix it if not the alternative is to replace it with a second Han ECU and he will program that to work with my BSI.

That's exactly what I said above & you said you had tried/checked everything we suggested ??
I take it you then have not tried earthing the ECU casing then ? I've had plenty of success in this situation by running an earth wire between the ECU casing & the chassis.

Yes I tried running an earth from the negative side of the battery to the casing of the Ecu using one part of a good quality jump lead but that made no difference. the damage is inside the Ecu not the external cabling.
Daz3nt
My Cars: Xsara Picasso (05)
C1 (11)

Post by Daz3nt »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 22:33 I do hope you won’t be left out of pocket though and a lesson for the mechanic that did it :)

I too hope I'm not out of pocket, I've had a chat with the garage owner and all he said is "we'll sort something out" I haven't paid the labour charge for changing the clutch yet, so fingers crossed. I don't think the mechanic has learned a lesson. Since this has happened I've heard more horror stories from past victims I mean customers...