Bloody Women!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Bloody Women!

Post by rossnunn »

Old biddy puts her right indicator on to turn right around the roundabout, she's in the wrong lane but hey what the hell. Then for no reason she switches indicators, swings left down the dual carrageway in front of us, then the right indicator then the left while wandering abount the two lanes. So we move out to the outside lane and she cuts in front of us again. Then we get to a filter lane on the right, its RED, we're GREEN to go but for whatever reson she stamps on the brakes and stops! We, following behind, do the same and the ABS goes crazy before we hit the back of her! We can't serve for cars to the left and not enough room on the right. We get out and she then ask's if it was her fault? "er yeh!" "but the lights are RED", "no the filter is RED - where do you think all the traffic has gone!" We then say to get the cars out of the middle of the round and park in a nearby carpark to swap details, she only gones in the no entry!
I say we cos it wasn't my car, I was traviling in by Dad's 1.9 D ZX (he was driving) and it has just had a few quid spent on the MOT too!
See the pics:
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Bad luck chap.
Worst of all, as your dad hit her in the rear, the insurers will blame him!
Life's like that some times. Best to give erratic drivers like that a W-I-D-E berth.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Ouch!!! Is this going to turn in to one of those " beyond economical repairs" the insurance like to use? Then they wright off your car and then you get it fixed for only a few quid.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Bad luck, its a jungle out there, probably worse now the only offence is speeding. Buy it back and take the money, looks like a reasonable fix
Stewart
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Arriving home after some scaring drivings - I often wished I had a running VideoCam installed in my car.
No matter that this would reveal my own non-excuses - it would certainly be the best proof against such fumble drivers like this woman [:(!]
Last week I suddenly within a splitsecond had to speed up my rusty brains to overdrive - as an oncoming driver decided to overtake a Lorry - head on against me - no room for both of us.
I instinctly choosed pulling out the dirt - managed to slow down to just barely control my now suddenly wingly car.
Only had a glimps of the Lorry drivers face - the oncoming driver I did'nt had time to notice. The Lorry driver sat there in his seat - one hand on wheel other hand on fronthead - mouth wide open - he did'nt even had time to try pull over or slow down - then it was all over - as we passed each other - luckily not toucing.
Approx 10 minutes later - still trembling - passing by green over a crossing - an oncoming BMW700somthing suddenly decide to cut in over me making a left turn (to him) over my right in the middle of the crossing.
Still with hi pulse from first event - I simply screamed - did'nt even had time to move foot on brake - then he was away.
Now 6 days later I still don't understand how I managed NOT to hit his rear right corner - it must have been cm's - even mm's.
Are some weekdays by statistics worse than others in traffic ?
This happened on a wednesday - late morning with only light traffic.
I've noticed that early monday mornings and friday evenings in general are worse - because it's just after - or up to a weekend.
But wednesdays - late mornings ?
And YES - in DK for safety reasons - you MUST by regulations drive with your headlights (dipped) on - in daylight - and mine was on for sure !
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

I felt like the world was out to get me one day last week. Coming back from London last week I joined the M1 from the M25. Those here who have driven that will know that it's always great fun, lanes merging left, right and centre. As if the normal hazards of motorways merging wasn't enough, some #!@%$& in a ridiculously big green 4x4 affair decided that the best way to merge was to get in the outside lane as quickly as possible. Right where I was. I had to swerve out of his way, across the rumble strip and into a bit of light gravel. I also felt it an appropriate time to check that my horn was functioning correctly :-) That was the closest I'd been to an accident, and it probably wouldn't have been a particularly fun one, either. My heart was racing and my legs felt all wobbly and flaccid.
And then, THEN! It almost happened again. The inside lane of the M1 between J9 & J10 is effectively one long slip lane. It's a good four miles long or so. So why, when I was happily trundling along it did Mr. 1963 Scabby Camper Wagon decide that the one mile gantry was the best time to swerve into the slip lane? Horn? Check. Brakes? Check. Nerves? Fail.
When I got home, I needed several cups of tea to put me right.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

women should all be burnt! re the zx, scrap yard bonnet, headlight, indicator, wing and front cross member should do it, £80 or so. May need to straighten it a bit where the indicator goes in. May be worth avoiding insurance as although she was clearly incompetent the insurance company might shaft you. The front of my zx looked like this and I got it more or less straight (well as far as I could be bothered for now) http://www.visagti.com/pics/zx_16v/goowood_0004b.jpg
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Just to stir things up - if you run into the back of the vehicle in front, it is usually because you are too close and therefore your fault, not because of anything the driver of that vehicle has done, or what age or sex they are - if she had done an emergency stop because a pedestrian had run out, or for any other reason, the same would apply.
Too many drivers think they can change the laws of physics - some even believe that their journey time will be shorter if there is always a vehicle a few inches in front of them.
Strange, innit?
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Usually but not always.
I ran into the back of a taxi on a roundabout. The magistrate agreed that it was not my fault but the other drivers.
Everybody knows it's always taxi drivers at fault [:D][:D]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

if she was randomnly going from lane to lane with incorrect indicating its a good sign that she was incapable of driving though
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

She may get the bill but the driver will get careless driving. I wrote my dads BX off over 2 years ago on a very fast stretch of the old a34 as I cam round a corner I found there to be a queue of traffic and with diesel on the road and mud in the wet I couldn’t stop the car (FYI BX much stronger than a vectras) I hit the vectra in front of be between 30 and 20 MPH totally destroying 1/4 of the car. The reason for the queue was some idiot had a moving van blocking the whole road (there is no stopping parking or anything else on that section of road also it was 8am)! luckily the guys behind me were stuck behind a tractor but any way... the police officers at the scene actually stood up for me when i was being prosecuted and said that there is no way I should get the points, bill or penalty. As it happened I ended up with the minimum I could get and the moving people had to use there insurance to pay for the brand new vectra v6 my bx and the 306 in front that were all written off! I still got the 3 automatic points and the endorsement.
Andy
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

It's not just Women. I believe that there is a need for continuous driver assesment, say retaking a test every 3 years. If you fail you are not taken off the road immediately but given a period of time to take professional tuition to get you up to standard.
Other point, It's no longer cut and dry that if you hit a car from the rear it's automatically your fault. A collegue had his car written off when he was hit from behind while stationary waiting to turn right. After months of wrangling by both insurance companies he lost his car and had to repay £1500 in costs.
Mark
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

! thats absurd, makes you wonder why we even bother having insurance
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

yeah add that to the fact that most of the time your insurence company will write off your car and give you a pittance for it makes you wonder what the point is!
Andy
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Thanks for all the support. My father has protected no claims so its not much of a problem. We is planning to buy it back and repair it.
As to the comment about traviling too close, I agree but we were in a relitively busy road with a speed limit of 40mph, the traffics is flowing along with no problems. If we were to drive as per the highway code and leave loads of room between you and the car infront then noone will go anywhere.
I was told a story by a guy next door to us that one day was wainting to pull off onto a rounabout. The was a car a good car /car and a half lengths infornt of him. He is comming off a fast bit of road, staight accross the roundabout, and onto the next. He's backed off a little and is looking around the roundabout for any cars, nothing so he continues on his way. But the car in front of him has stopped on the roundabout with no reason, just stopped. He ploughs straight into him at about 30 - 40 mph. He was blamed for dangerous driving while the guy who stopped on the roundabout - actualy braking the law got away scot free!