Neighbour's Berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: Neighbour's Berlingo

Post by MikeT »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 16:20 Well the wheels don't look right and these are not from any Blingo I've seen...

Correctomundo, I only noticed because the caps have the pug logo, not being a wheel man myself.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, those wheels look like Pug 306 ones...

Nice ones too :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Got a chance for a looksee today.

Yes, the matrix has been bypassed, so that clears up that problem. Owner doesn't care, he's the ice-man after all.

Engine took four glowplug attempts before starting (I crank no throttle until it coughed, then repeated waiting for glow plug light) and on starting there was little white smoke (though it is quite mild today compared to early mornings and recent weather) so I suspect new GP's will cure that little nuisance. And they look very accessible to boot!

It is an Ex-BG vehicle so was likely fairly well maintained though I noted the NSF tyre outer-shoulder was excessively worn and owner complains the steering at half-right lock feels like it's "slipping". Power-steering fluid was correct level though probably could benefit from a change. Ditto for the aux belt maybe.

Slight oil leak around rocker cover/vacuum pump end.
Oil was between lower and upper dipstick mark though that was after running the engine and on a slight upward incline, didn't look overly dirty for a diesel and oil filter looks new-ish.

Not a bad little van all round, roomy and owner took great delight in showing the passenger backrest folds down to present a "desk and cup holders" :) So he's more than happy with it.

I've yet to run it through the diagbox but don't envisage there's much to see in that department. We think it has an aftermarket security system (bloody great big siren bolted on top of bullkhead in the engine bay or is that OE? and a disconnected socket like a USB port in the fuse box cover) and there's also a label on the dash describing reverse sensor LED colours but I'm told that's not working.