Xantia door loom

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Xantia door loom

Post by Stickyfinger »

Is it connected with a multi-plug anywhere ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Xantia door loom

Post by xantia_v6 »

My recollection is that it is one piece, and you have to disconnect the individual connectors to the components in the door.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

The reason for the question is that I would like to add "one-touch" windows to the passenger side. I have all the "bits" but atm I am unsure regarding the extra wiring. As I have an exclusive being broken I thought maybe I could swap the door loom into my car. I know it has been done on a 3ltr conversion (Activa) but as yet I am unsure how.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Alasdair, sit tight and I'll marshal the wiring and harness diagrams you need...

You may find the required harness is already present...

I will try to get it done later today, else it'll be Sunday...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Alasdair, I've pored over the wiring diagrams and the S1 Xantia was only ever wired for One-Touch on one side...

You will see from the wiring diagram that the driver's side goes via the ECU and the passenger's side goes direct from switch to motor...

http://www.eastment.net/XanWD/mk1fewcct.jpg

It can be retrofitted on the other side with significant modifications to the door harness and the addition of the ECU...

I'm not sure of the driver's and passenger's window motors are different...

I'd be inclined to rescue the CU along with it's connector and a big chunk of loom along with the motor itself...

And the switch with the 'A' on it!

These mods are quite involved...

The S2 could have one-touch all-round but the S2 circuitry is totally different...

Hope that helps...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 109k one of two remaining
'03 206 GTi180 - 97k in pieces being brought back up to snuff
'03 206 1.9TD - home-built veg-fuelled B-road bruiser
'99 306 SE 2.0i cabriolet - 92k awaiting service work ready for next summer
'97 306 XS 1.6i 3 door, Bianca White, from dead 12 years & seized solid to road legal in 7 days

Post by ekjdm14 »

Semi on-topic here, but on Black ('95 model) the one-touch works with a short press/click of the switch whereas if you hold it down longer it stops when you let go of the button. However on White ('96 model) it works the other way round i.e. short press moves the window a little bit at a time and longer press sends it on it's way automatically...

Was the action changed during the model run or is this just some strange fault with White's electrics? Not that it's a problem, just curious if anyone else has noticed/how their car works & what model year.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 109k
'03 206 GTi180 94k in surgery
'03 206 1.1S XUD9TE/veg project :mrgreen:
'99 306 2.0SE cabriolet 95k summer toy
'97 306 XS 1.6i 99k sat 12 years, fixed in 7 days, 150mile maiden voyage :rofl2:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I don't know for sure Dan but it wouldn't surprise me....
Jim

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I think that you might be lucky on this one. According to the diagram that Jim posted, the drivers window switch (unlike the mk2 version) is not a special switch. This makes your task easy.

Fit the drivers door harness to the passenger door, and splice all the necessaries wires inside the car. The wires for the other 3 window switches are redundant (unless you want your passenger to control all the windows). You will then just need to run an extra supply wire to the relay 6021 to power the ECU.

I am unsure now which door the external temperature sensor is on the RH or LH door on your car, but it needs to be on one of them!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

The harness (or part of it) will have to be spliced in full, there is no junction connector on the door loom-2-main loom.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider