XM fuel supply / electrical fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

William

XM fuel supply / electrical fault

Post by William »

I have an XM 2.0 8v injection that cuts out when the engine is idling and when I'm slowing to a stop. The "K" light is constant and I sometimes experience a slight loss of power at 25 - 35 mph.
Any ideas ?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

If the "K" icon is constantly lit - then you have a persistent failure in the engine management system.
The ECU stores fault codes on persistent errors with the engine management - and put the light on.
You should have the fault codes read out - as a pointer to the problem.
There is a range of possible problems hat may cause the engine to cut out at idle.
To track down such problems you must have some knowledge on how to test/judge sensors, cables & connectors.
What is the year/mileage on your XM ?
Any recent service history - i.e. service done/wearparts replaced within the last few Kmiles - like air filter, fuel filter, sparkplugs, engine oil etc. ??
William

Post by William »

Thanks.
It has just had a "new" engine fitted which has done 90K miles which replaced a siezed 105K engine. As far as I am aware the oil, fuel and air filters were replaced. Don't know about the sparks. My mechanic has nothing to read the ECU with so I might have to take it to a main dealer.