Xantia CT with a few mods and Questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cam205gti
My Cars: Xantia Ct
405 Mi16
205 Gti
Bx 16v
Xsara Vts

Re: Xantia CT with a few mods and Questions

Post by cam205gti »

Thanks for the reply by the way Mike.

I didnt actually follow your instructions and REMOVE the dog bone and really get in there to clean it. Ill endeavour to do it this afternoon.

Is it normal for fluid coming back to the tank to be filled with small bubbles?
IMG_4885.JPG
The bubbles dissipate fairly quickly fwiw

Cam
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I don't think a failed sphere would cause such symptoms but others would know better.

The plastic dogbone links the height corrector to the ball clamped onto the torsion/rollbar. The clamped ball is the adjustment and is used to set the normal ride height. There is a specified procedure to measure (and correct if necessary) the factory-recommended ride height if you suspect it's too high or low.

Not sure about the foaming either, looks a bit excessive to me though it's been awhile since I've had the pleasures of a Xantia.
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

With a hydractive car (I'm not sure exactly what model you have tbh?) there are reasons why a car could feel 'firm' and/or sink differently front and rear yes - there are electrovalves that prevent either end of the car sinking when switched off and can put it into 'firm' or 'soft' mode.

Can we confirm exactly what model you have please?

A guy on the forum normall offers this service (username:givemeabreak) so the best way may be to pm your VIN to him and ask him to confirm.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
cam205gti
My Cars: Xantia Ct
405 Mi16
205 Gti
Bx 16v
Xsara Vts

Post by cam205gti »

Its a Hydractive 2 car. HA2. 98 Model which is the last of the S1 shape with the HA2 system. Both electrovalves are working and opening and closing the circuits from soft to hard mode. I had this issues which was the diodes but I have replaced them and all is well with how that is operating. The issue is not that the car is sinking but raising up a couple of inches which tricks the car into thinking its about to come down and the rear stiffen up to save it from potentially bottoming out. Its not rock hard like when the electrovalves shut but its definitely stiffer.

Is there adjustment of how the HC is connected to the mechanism? Even a tiny amount can surely have a big affect?

Hoping to get some time over the weekend to have a look at it.