Dispatch/Expert

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Dispatch/Expert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I hope you have baffles in that 200 litre water tank to stop the water rushing forward when you brake, could make for a tragedy if you don't.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
RPWC
My Cars: Former Citroen owner.

Post by RPWC »

No but it will have a steel bulkhead fitted and in all the vans I have had., the same tank has been fitted and never had issues
Cheers Rich :wink:
dave

Post by dave »

RPWC wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 19:44 I run a cleaning business so will be carrying.200 litre water tank, hose reel battery, tool box and a portable storage box with buckets soap etc and occasionally a petrol powered jet wash, based on this would the 1.6 be underpowered?

Mine had air suspension,

For a while I ran a lwb 2.0 scudo it had a red "power" badge on the grill for 135 ps, I suspect it had been chipped up

it went like f#ck in a straight line, saying with normal cars upto 100mph when aerodynamics got the better of it (full rhino rack)

in a straight line & a dry road, driven hard you'd get wheel spin though the gears up to 4th,

driven sensibly the brakes where lacking, driven hard they where dangerous

It was an arse to park & used 1/3 more fuel than a berlingo, so I went back to smaller vans...

would a kangoo maxi carry the weight you need?
RPWC
My Cars: Former Citroen owner.

Post by RPWC »

dave wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 19:39
RPWC wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 19:44 I run a cleaning business so will be carrying.200 litre water tank, hose reel battery, tool box and a portable storage box with buckets soap etc and occasionally a petrol powered jet wash, based on this would the 1.6 be underpowered?

Mine had air suspension,

For a while I ran a lwb 2.0 scudo it had a red "power" badge on the grill for 135 ps, I suspect it had been chipped up

it went like f#ck in a straight line, saying with normal cars upto 100mph when aerodynamics got the better of it (full rhino rack)

in a straight line & a dry road, driven hard you'd get wheel spin though the gears up to 4th,

driven sensibly the brakes where lacking, driven hard they where dangerous

It was an arse to park & used 1/3 more fuel than a berlingo, so I went back to smaller vans...

would a kangoo maxi carry the weight you need?
No Dave, I hate Renaults anyway, had a Kangoo 1.2 leg when I first started with a van, pile of shyte. Its too small anyway,I am getting a 10 plate Dispatch swb 1.6hdi this Friday, so should start saving on fuel. The 2.0 would have been better, but the lwb was actually longer than my Transit swb, which is too long for the drive. It will take me 3 days to get it ready for work, by the time Iinstall the pump, wire up the smart charge relay, fit the tank etc.
Cheers Rich :wink:
dave

Post by dave »

kangoo's handle like a boat, the gearing is bit miss matched & the central locking (double press to unlock passenger & loadspace doors) is a annoying, loads of stuff I don't like but looking at in investing in our 3rd kangoo (used 15 plate)