Immobiliser/Water in footwell

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

latheaxe wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 17:38 As an after thought does anyone have a "how to" to removing the trims,centre console etc???

The centre console on the floor has three torx screws under the rubber cover then it just unclips. The edging trims are generally clipped down but the clips are strong and the trims weak so be careful. The covers behind the pedals are held on by torx screws.
latheaxe
My Cars: C4 Grande Picasso

Re: Immobiliser/Water in footwell

Post by latheaxe »

Well I have given up on this one.. Lifted the carpets and found this..... :shock: :shock: :shock: Contacted the seller who has reimbursed me and is going to tow it away!!! :? :? :?

Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 21 Jan 2018, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Youtube Links
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Bloody Hell - that is bad - time to get the Snorkel and Flippers out!

How they can ever get to this stage is beyond - incredible oversight. I'm pleased you got a result - albeit not the one you wanted - but at least you're not out of pocket - except your time and the hassle.

Thanks for posting that up though, I don't think I've ever seen one that bad.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
latheaxe
My Cars: C4 Grande Picasso

Post by latheaxe »

I was amazed at the amount of water under there.. I got it out and dried it with hairdryers but decided I had enough of the whole thing....
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Wow. That's a lot of water... A hairdryer definitely isn't going to shift that!

Having got this far and if you're sure the point of entry is now sorted, I think I'd have been tempted to finish off drying it out, go for some money back and keep the car, but I understand your decision. It's good that the seller has given in straight away.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

civvie wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 18:43 Don't envy you at all trying to dry at this time of year, I had a Xantia many years ago and had the scuttle not sealed proplem. The passenger side was soaking, it wasn't drying the carpet that was really the problem it was the underlay/ sound deadening insulation foam under the carpet that was the problem, it took ages to dry that out fully and I did it in the summer with the heat of the sun helping.

I attempted to prop up the carpet and blow a fan heater in there, but in the end I removed the whole lot - centre console carpet and that foam, which was left out on the patio propped upright against the wall, then in the conservatory.

Eddie Nuff wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 15:57
andy5 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 13:24The scuttle plastic strip at the bottom of the windscreen was no longer sealed to it

Must have removed the complete scuttle from four or five of these C4GP's now and none of them have been sealed to the windscreen.

Mine probably was ok originally, but maybe it had been getting bad for a while. Noticed the windows misted up in the mornings last winter, but didn't realise water was sloshing in the heater air hoses until about 3 months later.

I got cheeky and rang up a certain windscreen repair firm, hinted maybe I was one of their best customers as I'd had 4 windscreens on this car, and asked could I pick their brains what was the best sealant to use.

To my surprise, I was told they give a lifetime warranty, he checked the records, found the last one from a few years ago, and they sent someone who reglued the scuttle free. It's still perfect. I didn't find out what sealant though.